VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Burlington Island Park

The Master

Many years ago there used to be a park on Burlington Island. In case you don't know Burlington Island is in the Delaware river between Burlington, NJ and Bristol, Pa, just northeast of Philadelphia. Awhile back one of the Philly newspapers had a real small article about it with one picture of the park. I just wondered if anyone knows more about this park? My Dad was there once as a kid but he does not remember much about it.

Edited by The Master

I used to live in Florence, N.J. and Burlington is the next Town over. Alot of the old Foundations for the buildings are still there, although seriously overgrown, and it is only accessable by boat. The town of Burlington City (where it actually is) is pushing to re-develop the Island. As far as the history of the place, I know it had a Carousel, Ferris Wheel, and even a Wood Coaster. A Fire destroyed the park in 1928. The Carousel was repaired and moved in 1932, It is the Indoor one at Seaside Hgts. A second fire destroyed everything that was left in 1934.

Edited by Railer

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...