VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Main Street Electrical Parade Returns to Walt Disney World Resort this Summer

Up_Up_and_Away

From the Disney Parks Blog:

Big news today…we're thrilled to announce that one of the most beloved attractions in Disney history, the Main Street Electrical Parade, is returning to Magic Kingdom Park this summer – and it'll be better than ever. The classic parade will feature new LED lights and new audio technology when it begins its limited engagement at Walt Disney World in early June 2010.

Tinker Bell will lead the parade waving from the basket of a magical balloon aboard a new float. The parade's return is part of Summer Nightastic! — an amazing lineup of new and enhanced entertainment planned this summer at Walt Disney World theme parks. For example, there will be new lighting effects and a new addition to Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. Also, Magic Kingdom will treat guests to a special summer fireworks spectacular.

There's plenty more planned and we'll have more details in upcoming weeks but we wanted to tell you what we knew first on The Disney Parks Blog. Check back here for more.

I'M A PSYCHIC!!!!!! I HAD A DREAM ABOUT THIS THE OTHER NIGHT! BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I LOVE SPECTROMAGIC!!!!!! AT LEAST WE ARE NOT LOSING GLOW IN THE PARK LIKE I THOUGHT OF IN OCTOBER.

At least there not getting rid of this-

Edited by Up_Up_and_Away
Inappropriate language, poor spelling & punctuation.

Wishes is also temporarily being replaced. It's extremely obvious what Disney is doing, they're not having another worth coming to Florida addition untill Star Wars 2 and the new Fantasyland, so this is Disney's equivalent to "throwing a bone" and try to generate some possible revenue this year in the cheapest way. After seeing Summer Nightastic at Disneyland last year I hated it sooooooooo much, it's soooooooooo cheesy, not good at all and just an obvious attempt to get people to stay in the park late at night and spend more money. When we added GITP and SNL, we were trying to make great adventure an all day affair since there was NOTHING to do at night. Disneyland's nightime entertainment was absolutely fine, but if it ain't broke dont fix it, and they sacrificed what they had for more money. Disney is now getting rid of SpectroMagic and wishes, it's two most popular shows?!?!?!?!?! People know and love these shows. I admit, I'm a little excited for MSEP but Im sure the new fireworks are not worth more than being seen from the Grand Floridian on the boat back to the hotel. As a Disney enthusiast i think MSEP was a good idea but I'd rather Disney not tarnish they're reputation with Sumemr Nightastic, wich already failed at Disneyland, and just wait till 2011 for Star tours 2. But, as long as we still have a nightime parade AND THE ELECTRICAL WATER PAEGENT I"ll grin and bear it.

BTW-Summe Nightastic had little to do with Disneyland's attendance boost. disneyland is based off of the local economy, and since the economy was bad and many couldnt affor dto travel, most Los Angelites just stayed local and made more trips to disneyland instead of Hawaii or Las Vegas, not based off this Sumemr Nightastic Crap.

Edited by warnerleroy

I must say I'm happy to see ELP coming back to the Magic Kingdom. My first job at Disney was a performer in ELP's "Final Season". Then I opened SpectroMagic. I always liked ELP better. It was just more fun. Spectro was far more technologically advanced, but it was dark and gloomy. It was not as much fun to watch, and not as much fun to do.