VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Park entertainment supervisor Paul Tuliano dies in a car wreck

Chiller

I found this out today. It is sad that things like this happen. Although I did not know him personally, he was a help to the park and a overall nice person.

EDIT: I forgot to post the link to the article. http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=201012120364

Paul J. Tuliano III was so into his job at Six Flags Great Adventure he even went by his radio handle outside the amusement park — 624paullyT on Twitter.

"He just loved that place," said his father, Paul Tuliano Jr., administrator for Hainesport Township.

Tuliano III was killed in a four-car accident Friday night in Plumsted as he was driving home from work on Route 537. The 26-year-old Browns Mills man was pronounced dead at the scene, according to Deputy Chief Michael Mohel of the Ocean County Prosecutor's Office.

Plumsted police responded to the area of Route 537 and West Millstream Road after getting a report of a car accident. According to Mohel, an investigation conducted at the scene indicated the collision occurred when a Ford Excursion driven by Atlantic City resident William P. Tilghman apparently struck the side of an oncoming Ford Edge. The Excursion continued on Route 537 and struck Tuliano's Volkswagen Jetta, which spun around and collided with a fence on the side of the road, Mohel said. A Nissan behind the Jetta struck a guard rail while trying to avoid the collision, he said.

Mohel said the drivers of the other two cars did not receive any significant injuries.

Tilghman, 28, was cited for causing the death of another while operating a vehicle, driving with a suspended license and failure to maintain his lane. He also was charged with obstruction, hindering and operating a vehicle while suspended.

Bail was set by a Plumsted Municipal Court judge at $150,000 cash. Mohel said the investigation is ongoing, and police are awaiting results of blood tests.

Route 537 was closed during the investigation, and multiple law enforcement and emergency units responded to the scene.

Tuliano was entertainment supervisor at Six Flags, a job he worked his way up to after starting as a technician several years ago, said park spokeswoman Angel Aristone.

Creative and talented, Tuliano had a keen ear for creating soundtracks and setting them to lighting displays and special events.

"All the music you hear in the park as you walk around, Paul created it," Aristone said.

Tuliano started his DJ career in the sixth grade, mixing music for school dances at Hainesport Township School, his father said.

Besides his Six Flags seasonal job, Tuliano would occasionally work informally with production companies on shows around the state, but never taking a gig that he didn't think was fun, his father said.

But to Six Flags and his friends, he was always available.

"He would work on days when he was not supposed to work," said Paul Tuliano Jr., who would call on his son's days off to meet for lunch, only to have him say he was at work.

"If the kid had 10 bucks, he'd spend 11 dollars on somebody," his father said. "He was a good kid."

The viewing will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at Lankenau Funeral Home, 31 Elizabeth St., Pemberton. A funeral Mass is scheduled for 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Ann's Church, 22 Trenton Road, Browns Mills, followed by interment at Odd Fellows Cemetery in Pemberton Township.

"He was special in a lot of people's eyes," Paul Tuliano Jr. said. "He knew that every day, just by the people he associated with. He's gone way too soon."

Edited by Chiller

• 2 weeks later...

I will tell you this was a really said event, i went to both the veiwing and funeral Mass for paul. Their was a lot of park employees at both of these things, i was very shocked when i first found out about this tragic death on friday night. To make this even more tragic the guy behind the wheel of the was on the suspended list and should not have been driving. Paul was an all around nice guy that touched many people. The park lost an all around great guy and very creative person

• 3 weeks later...