VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2011 Opening Day

CoasterPrince

It has been a long off season but FINALLY Great Adventure has opened it's gates once again. Yesterday was a beautiful day to be at the park with temperatures similar to summer time and crowds moderate at peak. I could not wait to see all of the improvements after reading and seeing them online. Green Lantern looks amazing in person as well as Safari Kids, Aldabra Island, Safari Discoveries and more! These photos were taken on my iPod 4g. A more detailed Trip Report will be posted later by the people at GadvTv!

5c892877.jpg

Green Lantern has really enhanced the skyline. Much more intimidating.

482220ce.jpg

First ride of the day, Nitro. 10 years old and still running just like we left her. However only one train was running but a second was put on while in the station.

1e07659a.jpg

One of the new for 2011 things that really interests me were the Llamas. They are an excellent addition to the Golden Kingdom.

3fc003d2.jpg

Green Lantern looks really good from Golden Kingdom. Not better than Gasm's loop however.

8c751959.jpg

Kingda Ka's new station adjustment seems to be working. Trains were dispatching more frequently for sure.

0fff5268.jpg

Another 2011 addition that I was excited to finally see, Safari Discoveries. The sea lions were playful and amazing to see up close!

53d6cd04.jpg

Not sure what these are but they used the location well. Black Swans?!

dd741f8b.jpg

The architecture inside was amazing!

bd3bc5e1.jpg

Animals around every corner! All together Safari Discoveries was kinda small but for what it is worth it's an amazing attraction. Not many theme parks offer something like it.

ed9fa7ef.jpg

Coasters&Candy signage. My new favorite shop!

d5146d06.jpg

Honestly, it wasn't that bad of a walk around the Golden Kingdom. Can't complain.

21967586.jpg

She's open once again and had somewhat of a line towards the middle of the day!

c1ccf016.jpg

Only running one train, and the Fiesta Train at that. 45 min wait all day.

9e1eeff1.jpg

ZOMFG. I'm not sure what they did in the offseaon but Bizarro was running AMAZINGLY.

913142bc.jpg

It was fast, intense, and offered more airtime than usual. I loved it so much it's now #3 in my rankings.

a6995b88.jpg

The audio was a little off and no auger of doom but the amazing ride made up for it!

1e0488c9.jpg

It's not a Gadv Trip Report if you don't have this photo!

4f916db6.jpg

Ended the day with one of my favorite eateries at the park.

All in all, Gadv has an exciting 38th season to look forward too. A lot of changes in the park but majority of them are good. I soon see Gadv slowly climbing to the top under this new management with flats and other exciting things in the future. I'll be back at the park next weekend so until then Happy Riding.

Remember to follow GadvTV on Twitter for in park updates, every weekend! Also two Gadv Opening Day Videos coming soon.

Going through the Safari Discoveries section was the first time I ever walked into the former Tiger Show arena. It was different being on the opposite end of the former tiger cages. The aviary was cool. Bizarro ran like it always ran for me. My one ride on El Toro basically only had a wait from the stairs.

Edited by CHILLERLC1

ill be posting a big one during the week, the auger of doom looks like its getting fixed, i could imagine that the mist heads are all clogged up from the lime scale, yhe supports are still there so well see, also did you notice nitro had new lap bar foam...and el toros colorful train was rewrapped and painted and new lap bars installed

Edited by gafreak