VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Photo Trip Report: May 7th, 2011

I was surprised to see that there hasn't been much progress with Safari Kids area. None of the rides have received their makeovers (decals, characters, etc) or their new signs. Maybe they will work on it in the upcoming weeks so they can have it ready for the introduction of the Birds of Prey show on Memorial Day weekend.

Very nice. Is it me or does the carousel look smaller than how I remember it? And what's up with all of that advertisement on the fort? I think of this as the equivalent to an NHL rink with the boards being plastered with advertisements. Just leave it alone.

Several things make the Carousel seem smaller. I would imagine you remember the stairs at the bottom of it that made the ride much wider. The concrete platform makes it seem narrower and shorter.

Also, the tent-like canopy cover has been missing for almost ten years. That makes the ride have a flat top roof instead of a peak.

Lastly, several pieces of ornamentation including the horseshoe shaped animal plaques were removed over the winter for refurbishment and haven't made it back onto the ride yet.

Here's a photo of those items hanging from the upper framework compared to today.

gallery_2_579_605368.jpg

gallery_2_579_217833.jpg

Just a few comments on some of the pictures in your trip report...

I actually like the sky ride with the cars in different colors and, I'm not exactly sure why I think this way, but I don't find the M&M's logos on the cars to be too much or overly intrusive. I'm not bothered by the wrapping of the trains on the Runaway Train either. I am, however, really bothered with all of the advertising on The Fort. There are ways of doing these things without being tacky and without detracting from the park's atmosphere. The Fort advertising is just ALL wrong!