VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Fright Fest 2011

batmanrobinchiller

Alright, before I start I just want to say that this year's Fright Fest was very disappointing. I know Six Flags is loosing money, but if they put more time and concentration on this year's Fright Fest they will draw a bigger crowd. The ghoul count was very low. (There were only ghosts placed at the lake and the Boardwalk) It was very boring and nobody was scared. God, back in the good ole days, ghosts were everywhere and there were a lot of them! There wasn't much of a selection in ghosts this year either. Most of them were colonial men and women/clowns. Maybe a Grim Reaper or two and thats about it. I don't know? Maybe its too early and they're trying to get the hang of things?

Anyways, lets get to the report. I went both days with my family to experience the Season Pass holder Family Night and then for the first actually day of Fright Fest ( I got hired in the process lol).

Family Night(Sep. 30)

-The Family Night we got to the park around 5:30pm. They let us in right away and we dashed over to El Toro where we unofficially set the record of riding El Toro back to back to back. Yes! That is right back to back to back! There was no line so we just stayed on.

-Next, we went on Rolling Thunder, bumpy as ever.

-Since Bizarro was closed for some strange reason, we took the Skyride to the Movietown area.

-We went on Skull Mountain and the ride wait was a little longer than usual.

-Batman: The Ride was next, and we went on it 3 times in a row.

-After almost puking, we went on Nitro with no line at all.

-We walked through "Circus Psycho" (Boardwalk) with a clown here and there. It was kind of scary, not that true Fright Fest atmosphere they use to have, but it was alright. We had Philly Cheesestakes at Ted's. It was very good.

- After dinner was a ride on the Twister. No wait as always.

- Superman: Ultimate Flight, usually busy, didn't have a line so we went on it.

- Green Lantern was the last roller coaster of the night. It was rougher than usual but I still enjoyed it.

- It was 9:00 and I went to see the last Dead Man's Party. However, it started raining so it was cancelled.

- After being disappointed we went on the Buccaneer for our last ride of the night.

Recap:

Rides- Twister

-Buccaneer

-Skyride

Roller Coasters- El Toro(3)

-Rolling Thunder

-Skull Mountain

-Batman: The Ride(3)

-Nitro

-Superman: Ultimate Flight

-Green Lantern

Total: 14 rides/roller coasters

First Day of Fright Fest(Oct1)

Alright, I applied for a job at Six Flags working rides and I got a call yesterday asking me to come today for a job interview. I was so excited! We got to the park at around 2. My family went on the rides while I walked to the employment office on the other side of the park. I walked in, filled out a couple of papers, and was hired! I'll be working at Six Flags through the rest of October as a cashier. Hopefully, I am rehired next year as a ride operator!

-After my job appointment, I went on Batman: The Ride.

-After Batman was Nitro.

-We took the Skyride over to the Frontier Adventure part of the park. The Runaway Mine Train was next.

-Bizarro was open today so we waited in line to ride it.

-After Bizarro was Houdini's Great Escape. It made me very dizzy.

-By that time it was already 5:30 so the whole family lined up at the Ferris Wheel to watch the Awakening.

-After the Awakening we grabbed a bite at the Tea House/Chinese/Japanese food.

- Twister was next after dinner.

- Green Lantern was right after that. Then it was El Toro.

- After El Toro we took a detour through the lakefront area. Okay, I have to admit that was kinda scary. It could have been better, but it was alright. ( I know I don't sound all too happy with this year's FF)

- After that detour was another ride on Nitro. Followed by Batman. Followed by another ride on Nitro (The last ride of the night).

Overall, it was a pretty fun two days. I enjoyed riding the attractions and I got hired in the process!

Recap:

Rides- Twister

-Skyride

-Houdini's Great Escape

Roller Coasters- Batman: The Ride(2)

-Nitro(3)

-Runaway Mine Train

-Bizarro

-Green Lantern

-El Toro

Total: 12 rides/roller coasters

Grand total: 26 rides/ roller coasters