VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags America & Hershey Park

batmanrobinchiller

So for my little vacation with the family, we are going to stay in Baltimore and go to SFA on Thursday. The next day, we are getting up early to go to Hershey park for the day. I'm so excited!

Does anybody have any suggestions for Hershey? This is my first time going to Hershey (I know it's sad). haha

I'm so happy cause SF employees can go to all the SF theme parks for free, as well as, Dorney and Hershey park.

Edited by batmanrobinchiller

I would ride either Comet or Fahrenheit first, Skyrush won't be open this spring according to Screamscape. Do the coasters early and late in the day. Midway Amercia is usually the least crowded section for most of the day. With all the unusually late snow we are about to be hit with, you better pack boots.

I would ride either Comet or Fahrenheit first, Skyrush won't be open this spring according to Screamscape. Do the coasters early and late in the day. Midway Amercia is usually the least crowded section for most of the day. With all the unusually late snow we are about to be hit with, you better pack boots.

Thanks for the advice! I sure hope it doesn't snow.

First, Skyrush is very painful on your thighs because of the bat handle restraints. You complain more than enjoy the ride.

Great Bear was my favorite because it is the only coaster that may be on par with one at Great Adventure. Most of the coasters are much older there and wooden.

Don't expect too much from Storm Runner. The launch doesn't even compare to Kingda Ka, but it does go upside-down. I enjoyed the ride, but the launch was pathetic compared to Kingda Ka.

Sooperdooperlooper is ok, if you haven't gone on looping rollercoasters before.

Overall, Hershey does not compare to the rides at Great Adventure. Great Adventure has world class coasters which Hershey does not. Hershey is a much more family oriented park though. It is also fun to look at all the Hershey inspired rides that you can find in Roller Coaster Tycoon! I enjoyed going when I went over the summer, but I was a little disappointed because I was expecting more because I haven't been to many other large scale amusement/theme parks other than Great Adventure. If it isn't too busy try to hit every single ride.

Sorry that this is like a rant, but I was born going to Great Adventure and my expectations and standards are much higher. I am also a teenager who looks at the thrill and ride aspect than the family friendly aspect.

First, Skyrush is very painful on your thighs because of the bat handle restraints. You complain more than enjoy the ride.

Great Bear was my favorite because it is the only coaster that may be on par with one at Great Adventure. Most of the coasters are much older there and wooden.

Don't expect too much from Storm Runner. The launch doesn't even compare to Kingda Ka, but it does go upside-down. I enjoyed the ride, but the launch was pathetic compared to Kingda Ka.

Sooperdooperlooper is ok, if you haven't gone on looping rollercoasters before.

Overall, Hershey does not compare to the rides at Great Adventure. Great Adventure has world class coasters which Hershey does not. Hershey is a much more family oriented park though. It is also fun to look at all the Hershey inspired rides that you can find in Roller Coaster Tycoon! I enjoyed going when I went over the summer, but I was a little disappointed because I was expecting more because I haven't been to many other large scale amusement/theme parks other than Great Adventure. If it isn't too busy try to hit every single ride.

Sorry that this is like a rant, but I was born going to Great Adventure and my expectations and standards are much higher. I am also a teenager who looks at the thrill and ride aspect than the family friendly aspect.

Oh wow! Thank you Jacob. I'm still looking forward to going to both Hershey and SFA. I'm in it to increase my coaster count. haha