VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

6/16/2013 Photo TR

jsblumen

I took a visit to the park twice this weekend. I went on Friday with the horrible weather and on fathers day. I got to the park around 3:00 and stayed until about 7:00. It was the busiest I've seen it on fathers day, but I managed to get on a few rides. I also decided to count the amount of stairs on Bizzaro and Batman. (Quiz: How many stairs on each ride are there to get to the station?) I waited about a half hour for Superman, Bizzaro, and Batman. I didn't wait for the parachutes because they just opened because of the wind. I was the only one to go then the ride closed again.

9063106992_c057a0dd45_b.jpg

New Street Performers on Main Street.

9063110820_aedfc3e89d_b.jpg

Loving the new paint job!

While I was heading to Bizzaro, I came across that the arcade in the tent was rearranged. When you walk in, you have to go left towards the paintball building, you can't go around on the right anymore. There is a temporary wall there, but I couldn't get close enough to see what they were doing.

9063114050_5a706ce813_b.jpg

Bizzaro

9060885113_ba711946a5_b.jpg

Medusa Still Seen

9060887351_f854bd97bb_b.jpg

Has anyone seen people ejected from line cutting?

9060889943_308735e760_b.jpg

Northern Star Concessions open for the Foreigner concert.

9063120478_5e345d004b_b.jpg

Safari Off Road Adventure

9063127674_561f7a0236_b.jpg

Foreigner in Concert. Merchandise and Drinks right next to the doors.

9060899743_4b1c95eaff_b.jpg

This is the only time I have been to the park to see SORA running in full operation and three trucks are waiting to get into the station. Is this a normal occasion? If it is, this may be a problem.

9060901587_041939c687_b.jpg

Always take this picture.

9060926221_d1120ddc7f_b.jpg

The stakes on the fence have been replaced by the lakeside.

9063159042_283fdf3860_b.jpg

Love the new trains on Batman! It makes the ride so much smoother.

9063163622_0c9bbc3f71_b.jpg

Both sides are running on dare devil dive.

9063165330_f72920edb7_b.jpg

Superman and Green Lantern

Going to the park on Father's Day was not such a great idea. I usually only go when the park is empty (on opening day, Easter, September when the park opens) so I am not used to the crowds. One thing that interested me was that I went on Sky Screamer on Friday and halfway through, the ride went all the way back down instead of only going halfway down and back up like it used to and returned to doing on Father's day.

Ride count:

Bizzaro x1

Batman x1

Superman x1

Parachutes x1

All photos taken with Nokia Lumia 920. Sorry if some are blurry or out of focus, I was walking when I took some of the pictures.

Edited by jsblumen

Great trip report Jacob! Sorry I wasn't there.

New trains on Batman? When did this happen?

I hope they are capable of running backwards. . . .

Batman received the new trains in May. I love the new trains so much. It makes the ride so smooth.

I took my kids there also on father's day. Got to the park at around 10am and it was crowded then. Took about 15 minutes just to go through security and another 15min to get in through the season pass entrance. I guess everyone was there becuase of the "bring a friend free" coupon.

Anyway went right to El Toro, 1 train running got right on (looked like they were working on the 2nd train)

Next was Rolling Thunder, no wait for front row and it was smoother than expected.

Bizarro was close at the time so we rode the log flume (5 min wait) and took skyway (no wait) to the other side.

Rode Nitro (5 min wait) and Batman the Ride (10 min wait).

We left the park about 12:30 to eat lunch in the truck and went to Hurricane Harbor at 1pm

Kids rode 3-4 slides and I just hung out at the wave pool. Left the water park at 3pm

Only planned to go to each park for a few hours so it worked out ok. Even though GA and HH looked crowded we did not wait too long for the rides. However we did notice both Superman and Green Lantern had long lines at 12:30.