VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Hurricane Harbor Questions

BigMak

I had posted not too long ago asking about Great Adventure for toddlers. With the great feedback I received here I bought season passes. My son has had a great time. Thank you!

I am thinking of taking a trip with just my wife and I. How much do lockers cost so we can change clothes? Are lockers open or are they in changing room andI need to purchase two? Is it true that you need to purchase tubes for lazy river?

I went the other day and bought the smallest locker that fit a small backback with some room to spare, it was $14 for all day. The lockers are out in the open but they also have changing/wash rooms that have sectioned off areas with curtains to change.

You do not need to purchase tubes for lazy river but you can rent a tube for all day but i am not sure on the cost of that.

I never use lockers at HH, I just bring old clothes and old towels and leave them on a lounger and use a beach bank for my car keys and a little cash to keep on my person. You don't bring something to a park you are not prepared to lose.

You don't need to rent a tube, but there are short supplies of free tubes to try to force you to rent one. Lasty the Flash pass at HH is really screwed up and greatly slows down the normal stand by lines. Operations at HH are much poorer than over at GADV itself. The lazy river opens half an hour late and closes half an hour early which is lame. This is why HH has slid down to the bottom of my waterpark list.

I've seen it enforced at the top of slides -- I think it's about damage to the slide above anything else. Even so, you can wear them all day and then just hold them on your way down the slide (I think, at least -- maybe they are more strict on the big body slides like Jurahnimo Falls).

I noticed the website says no water socks. I assume these are water shoes. Is this really true and enforced? I can't believe these would be banned

They used to enforce it on all their slides but not anymore. You can wear aqua socks on most of the slides except King Cobra and maybe the speed slides. Also holding onto your aqua socks while sliding is a very bad idea for two reasons, 1 it stretchs and wears out you aqua socks faster and 2, you have less of a hold on your tube or raft and increases the chance of the rider flipping or falling out and getting hurt. This why anti-aqua socks rules are very bad ideas and a pretty stupid thing for the parks to enforce.

I have only been there twice this year and both times were near closing so I can't really say. Only way I can see they improve FP is to get rid of it which isn't going to happen.