VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Fright Fest 2013 - Details added

29yrswithaGApass

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haunted houses will be returning for the first time in about five years, Siebeneicher said.

“We wanted to bring it inside so we could run it during the day because everything outside has to start in the dark,” she explained. “People roaming around the streets in daylight in makeup isn’t very scary. The ambiance isn’t there.”

Notice is says "houses" as in more than one!

I wonder where they will put the indoor mazes? Maybe it could go in the old season pass processing area, The Xploratorium, or the buildings behind Northern Star Arena. They already have me looking forward to Fright Fest. This cooler weather we are having isn't helping either.

maybe an old one is moving?? ;)

If so i hope the manor goes in a warehouse where they can expand on that maze. It has alot of potential! I just hope for fright fest 2013 they bring in masks like from Knotts Scary Farm and the scream team from Six Flags Magic Mountain. Putting that spray make up on is just cheap and useless. AND they will be able to reopen that pathway again! Also i hope they workout the never ending line situation. last year i barley had time to do all 4! how am i gonna do 5 or more!?

Edited by 29yrswithaGApass
Plese click Edit and add to your posts when they are back to back within seconds instead of adding new ones.

If so i hope the manor goes in a warehouse where they can expand on that maze. It has alot of potential! I just hope for fright fest 2013 they bring in masks like from Knotts Scary Farm and the scream team from Six Flags Magic Mountain. Putting that spray make up on is just cheap and useless. AND they will be able to reopen that pathway again! Also i hope they workout the never ending line situation. last year i barley had time to do all 4! how am i gonna do 5 or more!?

The head makeup artist does make masks by hand. We do not use cheap go out and buy masks, everything is custom made which is why you probably dont think there are alot of masks, but there is a handful of them.

We won't have to wait until it is dark to get scared this year! ;)

^Thats how you might be able to get all done.

The head makeup artist does make masks by hand. We do not use cheap go out and buy masks, everything is custom made which is why you probably dont think there are alot of masks, but there is a handful of them.

^Thats how you might be able to get all done.

I mean with lack of care . that is what i meant with it is cheap

• 2 weeks later...

Source: Six Flags Great Adventure

Six Flags Great Adventures FRIGHT FEST Presented by SNICKERS® Will Feature New Attractions and Events in 2013

Worlds Largest Theme Park Delivers Longest, Largest Event in History

JACKSON, NJAugust 16, 2013Six Flags Great Adventures Fright Fest Presented by SNICKERS® promises the longest run in its 22-year history plus four new attractions at the worlds largest scream park. The event features family-friendly thrills by day, while an amped-up fright by night will deliver more scare zones, terror trails and haunted mazes plus nearly 200 zombies. Now seven weeks long, Fright Fest begins Friday the 13th of Sept. and runs weekends through Oct. 27 with 25 Halloween-themed shows and attractions.

By day, families can enjoy favorites like the Trick-or-Treat Trail, Professor Slithers Creepy Critters animal show and Spooky Kooky Magic Show plus the new Monster Maze, a corn maze including some of Halloweens most famous characters. At the Wilderness Theater, guests can enjoy the new Doc Snookers Halloween Time Machine, a zany show for all ages. Guests can also challenge the parks famous line-up of thrill rides including El Toro, Kingda Ka and Nitro, and the new Safari Off Road Adventure.

After 6 pm, the festival transitions to fright by night as nearly 200 zombies are released into the park. This fall, the park will introduce a new terror trail Total Darkness, a blackout maze. Lakefront will be home to a new scare zone, Straw-Man Stalkers, with blood-thirsty scarecrows. Terror Trail favorites like Voodoo Island, Asylum, Wasteland and The Manor, now indoors, will return to terrorize guests. In total, Six Flags will offer six haunted walk-throughs and four scare zones.

Nighttime shows, known as monstertainment, will include the return of the iconic Dead Mans Party, Ghoulmasters Ghosts, The Awakening, Circus of Thrills and more. Terror trails require an additional fee, while all scare zones and monstertainment are included with park admission.
Fright by Night is not recommended for children under 12 and those who scare easily.

Spooktacular Events
Fright Fest boasts a full line-up of special events beginning Sept. 13 with the Hallowedding, a mass, Halloween-themed wedding ceremony in the park at 6 p.m. Newlyweds can celebrate with a Friday the 13th-style wedding reception following the event. Space is limited and couples can register by visiting njspecialevents@sixflags.com or by calling 732/928-2000 ext. 2850.

On Sept. 14, Zombie Takeover Day will feature the parks first Zombie Run. Participants can choose to chase or be chased. Human competitors will race for their lives in this 5K run by dodging zombies to stay alive. Registering as a zombie will put participants in the shoes of the undead with the goal of hunting down their human prey. More details will be made available at http://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure

Six Flags will host its second triathlon Sept. 22 at 7:15 a.m. During The Great Six Flags Triathlon, competitors will swim, bike and run through the worlds largest scream park. Information and registration are available at www.sixflagstri.com

On Sept. 28, Six Flags will host the eleventh-annual American Red Cross Blood Drive and Wild Safari Run. At the blood drive, Guests can donate a pint of blood to earn a free ticket to Fright Fest between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. Reservations must be made by calling 732/928-2000, ext. 2834. Up to 200 donors are needed and will be taken on a first call, first serve basis. Must be 16 or older, at least 110 lbs. and in good health to donate. The Wild Safari Run is a 3.1-mile cross country meet sponsored by Powerade and Kellys Sports. The race features high school cross country competitors from surrounding states running through the safari. Registration information is available at www.wildsafariinv.com

Six Flags Great Adventure will host the 7th annual Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Oct. 6 New Jerseys largest 5k run/walk. The day honors breast cancer survivors, those lost, and unites a community in the fight against breast cancer. In 2012, more than 8,000 participants and spectators turned out to support the Race for the Cure.

For more information, visit www.sixflags.com/greatadventure.

About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world's largest regional theme park company with over $1.0 billion in revenue and 19 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For more than 50 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions including up-close animal encounters, Fright Fest® and Holiday in the Park®. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com

# # #