VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

PTR: August 25, 2013

nbadude44

Report: After being away from the park in about five long months, I happened to visit the park on the day of two big events in the park. The park was holding a concert from Bridgit Mendler that people were lining up for in front of the Northern Star Arena since noon, but I've never heard of her so I didn't bother to actually see it. Also, it was "Rogers and Hammerstein's Cinderella" day, and they celebrated it by playing the songs from the musical on the loudspeakers and holding a parade with the characters, which I missed by a hair. Anyway, since it's been so long the last time I visited the park, I was eager to visit the new Safari Off Road Adventure... only to be greeted by a line that stretched out to the sign of Runaway Train. Fortunately, it also meant that Runaway Train, Bizarro, and the Skyway all had less than 5 minutes each, so I rode then all with my mother.

After a ride on Skull Mountain, I began to see that all of the lines were starting to pick up. I wandered off to Kingda Ka, which still had a sizable wait of about 20 minutes. El Toro was down for the day because of technical difficulties, meaning Rolling Thunder (just the left side was open) had a longer line than usual. The line for the Safari never got any shorter throughout the day, so I avoided like the plague and I'll just have to wait 'til my next visit. After a quick trip outside the park for some dinner, we were able to score some rides on Buccaneer, the Dark Knight, Deja Vu, two rides on Houdini. We also got the first ride on SkyScreamer with the lights on and a ride on the Big Wheel before my mother out early. Before the park closed through, I was able to get rides on Super Round Up (or whatever it's called now), Green Lantern, and Superman, each with little to no wait. Overall, I'm disappointed that I couldn't get on the Safari, but I was able to get a bunch of enjoyable rides with not to much waiting.

Rating: 5 out of 6 flags

Photos:

p4eo.jpg

My my, I wonder what these are for.... ;)

u3dn.jpg

1zdq.jpg

Dang! I missed a photo op with a princess.

iv02.jpg

wx39.jpg

28fm.jpg

rp8b.jpg

The line for the Safari Off Road Adventure...

d1g9.jpg

xc9t.jpg

bak0.jpg

A dance party as seen from above.

3f1x.JPG

h3b4.jpg

The preparations have begun!

xurj.jpg

There's a new thing this year called "Total Darkness", which I'm guessing is probably a terror trail.

6lgm.jpg

78qr.jpg

c9rj.jpg

My poor baby's down for the day.

eei5.jpg

The only GOOD marketing tie-in with a roller coaster that I've seen.

mbeo.jpg

6brn.jpg

k5pk.jpg

l0le.jpg

zb54.jpg

A "live and local" 80's cover band called Max Headroom also performed.

xk5a.jpg

I've never seen these before and I thought they were cool. The backs even list the original 1974 candy prices!

f5go.jpg

More props, YAY!

ur17.jpg

xikc.jpg

qcio.jpg

He looks like the mascot for the 80's band.

g5y2.jpg

fsjc.jpg

oew0.jpg

i3vv.jpg

2463.jpg

xvyi.jpg

uv93.jpg

hhv4.jpg

Artsy pic: Check

x39p.jpg

Nerdy shot: Check

z1zh.jpg