VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Arrive at Opening, or Stay Till Closing

Nitro#1

I may go to GA this Sunday, especially if Zumanjaro is opening that weekend. I have the option of arriving at opening and trying to get most of the rides in before the masses show up, or arriving in the afternoon and staying till closing, and possibly doing the ERT for Superman and Green Lantern. Even without the ERT, is it better to arrive early and leave before closing, or arrive late and stay till closing if you want maximum rides.

-I doubt Zumanjaro will be opening this weekend (but there is a chance)

-Sunday is a Season Pass Bring-A-Friend Free day which has added quite a bit to the past Sunday crowds (especially later in the day)

-How much Superman and GreenLantern can you actually stand? (No pun intended)

-If Ka does open it will probably be late in the day (5-7PM) due to Zumanjaro testing.

Get there before opening and use your 10 minute early entry wisely. Those first 2 hours are key.

Hit Superman and then Greenlantern first and then some El Toro then the rest of the park.

Bizzaro has been opening later (11:30AM ish)

Many go to the Safari @ opening....2 hours later these people will be getting back into the park

Hope for a chance of rain....and you will be all set.

So, Saturday would be a better choice, for the day, get there at opening, do rides in this order, Superman, Green Lantern, El Toro, Nitro, Batman, Bizarro, some of the smaller rides while the crowds are pounding the bigger ones, Kingda Ka when it opens, and leave after that.

I was at the park with my daughters on 4/25 and we were able to squeeze in a bunch of rides in the last hour to an hour and a half. After the R5 concert we worked hard to squeeze in Bizzaro, Runaway Train, Ski Ride, Swashbuckler, Skull Mountain then the Scrambler (forgetting the new name). That was unusual I think. The longest wait was for the Runaway Train with a 4 train wait. The rest were one train waits or we walked right on.

I haven’t been there at opening since the late 80’s early 90’s so I’m not sure how things are when the gates open. I know on the 25th the wait to get into the part at opening was ridiculous. I was shown a picture that looked like a sea of people trying to get past the metal detectors. I can’t confirm this but I was told it took some people an hour to get into the park. I don’t know what time they arrived, maybe it was before the gates opened. I assume part of this was due to the holiday weekend and a lot of kids wanting to go see R5.