VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Free Cruise Giveaway?

BigMak

My wife got a phonecall today saying she "won" a free cruise based on an entry filled out in the park. It is supposedly a three night four day cruise with airfare included. Only responsible for port fees and taxes. We would have to go in the next few days to retrieve the voucher. I am sure this is more of a sales pitch than an actual giveaway.

Has anyody else received the same thing? My guess is it would be a scam. Thanks

Whenever I have received similar calls they seemed to always end up being a sales pitch from a timeshare or vacation plan that they want me to buy in on. If you are single and have some time AND you don't mind sitting for an hour or 2 with a salesmen it might not be awful.

I meant if you have no kids. Not single, although that helps too.

Edited by scott

I went on a cruise like that a long time ago. It was a whole package. 2 days in Ft. Lauderdale, 3 day cruise to the Bahamas and 2 days in orlando. It was $400 for 2 people and you had to find a way down there. It was a sales pitch for a timeshare. It was a 2hr sales pitch but it also gave us a free breakfast so it was well worth it!!