VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Cedar Point Advice

Nitro#1

I hear so many great things about it, and some of the music groups at my school do trips there and said it was great. I would love to try and get out there some time to experience it. Also, I would probably have to go on a weekend because I am too young to go alone, so my dad would need to get work off. To keep the airfare cost down, we would need to book way in advance and it would be impossible to know if he could get the time off from work. The reason I mentioned flying there is because if you got an early flight, you could be riding coasters by noon, and you could ride coasters till the early afternoon and then go home. To drive there you need 2 complete travel days, one going there and one going back, so more hotel nights needed. Some questions are below.

What time of year is the best to go for lower crowds?

Is Fast Lane, or Fast Lane Plus worth it?

Is paying a premium price to stay at an on site hotel for early entry worth it? If so, what are the best on site hotels?

How many days should one spend at the Park if the trip is a one shot deal?

I went to CP for the first time this year, after trying to get out there for almost 20 yrs. The park is awesome. The rides operations are so much better then SFgadv. I went opening weekend this year, in May, and for Coastermania in June for a couple days. Both trips the lines weren't to bad. Didn't need Fast Lane. I drove. It took 8 hrs to get out there. Sunday on mother day, the rides were all walk-ons. Depending on when you go, you will want that extra hr. I bought a Dorney Park Platinum Pass this season. was worth every penny. I stayed off property. Opening weekend the rooms cost $37 a night at a refurbished motel 6. Coasetrmania, was during bike week, and the cheapest hotel I could find was $100 night. If it a one time trip, definitely plan on getting the Fast lane plus. http://pointbuzz.com/ has great info and tips on CP. The drawback I had at Coastermania was the park had a water main break on the weekend, and I lost out on both sat and sunday at the park. Coastermania was a greta event put on by the park and it was FREE. Great free buffett and a great gift pack. From what I have read on the interent, many of the coasters get 2 hr lines everyday. Any other question, just pm me.

Does the Dorney Park platinum pass get you the early entry? If I decide to definitely make the trip, I may consider getting a pass at Dorney instead of SFGA so that admission would be free.

Edited by Nitro#1