VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

PTR: Opening Day 2015 (4/3)

nbadude44

Bad news: There was on and off rain and many of the rides were down at various points of the day. Good News: The rain scared most of the crowds away and I was able to get on pretty much everything I wanted to. The longest wait of the day for me was actually getting my season pass processed at the beginning of the day because the computers were malfunctioning. After that debacle, I was able to score two consecutive rides on both Superman and Green Lantern. The main problem at the start of the day was that many of the coasters, such as Kingda Ka, El Toro, and Superman, started off with only one train, but those that had two trains were all practically walk ons. After a brief ride on the Parachutes, my mother and I had lunch outside the park and caught a glimpse of the pieces for El Diablo. It's located in the parking lot of the Exploration Station and can be seen more clearly from the Zumanjaro line. It looks like they'll be re-using Rolling Thunder's old queue for the new ride.

When we got back in the park, I was able to get four consecutive rides on Bizarro, running with two trains and no lines (aside from the front), plus another ride later in the day with my mother. She spent most of the rest of the day napping in the car while I scored a ride on KIngda Ka, which would've been two but I was interrupted with the worst period of rain of the entire day. Since the rain didn't let up for a while, I took the Skyway over to Skull Mountain (twice), Nitro (three times), and the Dark Knight. TDK was clearly not ready at all for opening day: the pre-show lighting went off early and a portion of the ride was actually lit up from the roof. After that, I reunited with my mother and we rode SkyScreamer, Deja Vu, and Zumanjaro twice in a row (my first times, actually). My mother was totally finished after that, but I was in the mood for El Toro since they added a second train and was able to get three consecutive rides. I contemplated going on Batman but ultimately decided to wait until it goes backwards and finished the day with Blackbeard and Swashbuckler instead.

Overall Rating: 5.5 out of 6 Flags. The weather overall was pretty bad with on and off rain, but I was still able to get on everything I wanted to, even multiple times on some occasions.

I'll post my pictures soon...

Photos:

wON1fdV.jpg

CNOiy3s.jpg

hIOD2ca.jpg

9bGOLno.jpgThank goodness that ugly Jersey Boys banner is gone...

qj0oeCE.jpg

Rk4etX1.jpg

DUNgIVw.jpg

Z5J3bVB.jpgEl Diablo pieces

y38xJuZ.jpgI thought this was an April Fool's prank!

4dy5b1O.jpgConstruction going on in RT's old footprint

rCop8e8.jpg

InHsJuo.jpgThis new stand in the Golden Kingdom looks interesting...

4spy1MG.jpgAt least one small part of RT will be still be used

uKj2UOb.jpg

The construction has also claimed La Cocina

gtd1Quf.jpg

RKzcb6e.jpg

uZVkLfx.jpg

z0Zjbz3.jpg

Still going in the rain (mostly)

kMHtlSK.jpgThe disease is spreading from the Northern Star Arena to Runaway Mine Train.

pqZoDmd.jpg

6uhgdoi.jpgLog Flume was down due to the weather

cSZjHeB.jpg

ZWZg9oR.jpg

yNKarHG.jpg

Stq7dFF.jpg

xjT1AB0.jpg

168jRrq.jpgPanda Express hasn't changed yet...

TnkC3sx.jpgDark Knight with some lights on was interesting

n02t1Q6.jpg

027iaid.jpgThe past...

gvZt4d1.jpgAnd the present...

4jXAVtj.jpg

pmeoVbi.jpgAnd the past again...

XrgAXm7.jpgSwashbuckler's new paint is starting to fade thanks to people putting their feet on these spots.

CvJNeDZ.jpgBuccaneer has its sign back! Yay!

Thanks for reading!