VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

6/20 Clementon + Great Adventure

Matt Kaiser

Leading up to Coaster Con this week at Great Adventure, Storybook Land, and Morey's Piers, ACE held some add-on pre-con events. Saturday afternoon was Highway to Hellcat at Clementon Park. We got free parking, hotdogs cooked by ACE NJ Rep, Bret, and ERT on Hellcat (even though we left beforehand). I went with Rob, and it was both of our first times at Clementon. It's a very interesting small park. Sadly, the log flume wasn't open, which I wanted to ride. Hellcat looked great in pictures, but was very rough. We also rode their swinging ship, ARM drop tower, ferris wheel, train ride, and Zamperla kite fliers.

After the hotdogs, Rob and I headed over to Great Adventure and met up with our friend Rich. We saw the "Show Off" dance show in Bugs Bunny National Park, then rode the Skyway to Panda Express, and finished the night watching the soft opening of the Summer Block Party. I believe the Block Party is nightly around 9:15pm, but I don't know if they decided yet. Gather around the fountain to watch the Six Flags dancers, Looney Tunes characters, and performers! I saw the soft opening last year, and they did a better job this year! It seemed better rehearsed and most people probably couldn't tell it was their first time preforming it. I'm really glad they have been bringing it back every summer, it's definitely something the park needs and it's a cool way to end the night.

Thanks to ACE NJ Reps Bret, Mark, and David for the event and hotdogs. Good luck with Coaster Con this week!

Pictures! I didn't bring my camera, so these are all smartphone pics, combined with gloomy clouds.

hXUQpGq.jpg

Fawiwjg.jpg

4Vk1O3M.jpg

9MUlSgG.jpg

WICkstD.jpg

HOxxc86.jpg

Off to Six Flags!

WINGRIDER CONFIRMED!

8VaP7Q1.jpg

SkCRCse.jpg

HD1qz3q.jpg

sdrFwQU.jpg

Edited by Matt Kaiser

Nice report, I went to Clementon Park a long time ago before Hellcat opened and really need to get back there to get the credit. It's a shame to hear the coaster is rough.