VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Theme and Water Park PTR: July 13, 2015

nbadude44

Report:

This is the first time I've gone during the dead of July, arguably some of the busiest days of the year, but fortunately it wasn't too busy at all since I ended up going on a Monday. My mother and I arrived as soon as the park opened and our first target was Namtab: The Ride. The only line was for the front row so we were able to ride 3 consecutive times without any issue. After that we were able to score 2 rides on Nitro since it also barely had a line in the morning. After quick rides on the Dark Knight and Skull Mountain, we went on Skyscreamer which was about a twenty minute wait. I noticed that the TVs on the queue for rides like Skyscreamer are now displaying trivia about the parks history (i.e. Warner LeRoy being the mastermind of the park) which I thought was interesting. We had lunch outside of the park after a 1-cycle wait for Swashbuckler, and many rides especially this one were being "operated" by several employees each who were being trained by more experienced members.

I decided to go to Hurricane Harbor for a few hours after lunch since I haven't gone in 4 years and basically, it ended up being more crowded than the actual park was. Unfortunately, many of the lines were too long for me, including the two rides that opened since I was last there, but I was still able to ride plenty of things and have some fun.

I returned to the park around five o'clock and noticed that there is a new intricate sand sculpture in front of the Carousel to promote both Holiday In The Park and Fright Fest (Christmas AND Halloween in July, I guess). The deconstruction of the Grandstand and Fort Independence continues, with the fence surrounding the entire area. The construction of the updated Mexican restaurant in Plaza Del Carnival has also been progressing with the main signs now up. Unfortunately, El Diablo is still down, but I was able to score two rides on Bizarro and El Toro, each being about twenty minute waits including a short malfunction on Bizarro. I was able to score wait-less rides on Green Lantern, Superman, Twister, the Parachutes, Mine Train, and the Skyway. I ended my day with a 15-minute single-rider wait on Zumanjaro as the sun was going down as well as two nighttime consecutive rides on Kingda Ka because the people behind me on the second row were waiting for people in the front row and didn't get on when I got off, so that was a great way to end the night. I also walked by the red tent on my way out and caught a glimpse of some of the leftovers from the Great Adventure History Museum. :)

Overall, I had a blast at the theme park with minimal waiting all-around, but the water park was fairly crowded and I couldn't ride El Diablo yet. Final Verdict: 5 out of Six Flags.

Theme Park Ridelist:

Namtab: The Ride 3x

Kingda Ka 2x

El Toro 2x

Nitro 2x

Bizarro 2x

Green Lantern 1x

Superman 1x

Dark Knight 1x

Skull Mountain 1x

Mine Train 1x

Swashbuckler 1x

Twister 1x

Skyway 1x

Parachutes 1x

Zumanjaro 1x

Hurricane Harbor Ridelist:

The Falls 3x (2 red and 1 teal)

The Four Winds 2x (Red and Green)

Hurricane Mountain 1x (Green)

Bada Bing 1x

I'll post my pictures momentarily...

Photos:

m8MhXtM.jpg

Namtab in action!

WxXEB6R.jpg

N554ZiS.jpg

6j8IAyi.jpg

These new ads are all over Skyscreamer and the rest of the park

5QecgSJ.jpg

eG9dVs1.jpg

OskvBwS.jpg

NUfw3KT.jpg

jvAhYdU.jpg

They've updated all of the Jersey Boys ads across both parks. That's nice, I guess...

M4iZDfs.jpg

uwyCvxa.jpg

8xUbHU9.jpg

The shark's gotten some TLC since the last time I was here.

F2j5Uyk.jpg

ojbSfuR.jpg

beR8oZX.jpg

FnG8348.jpg

MHNqGUl.jpg

IqKNl5K.jpg

Q87cHlr.jpg

uKTlF6v.jpg

AC/DC's new mascot

TsP1ZQl.jpg

hqxekus.jpg

jD9R72k.jpg

E8IiKaW.jpg

3FLr62e.jpg

QGKOZ7O.jpg

The Cedar Elephant has a new home.

fYtsQEz.jpg

And Mine Train has a new sponsor.

WI9q6Jw.jpg

V3O28UB.jpg

LFhMoWE.jpg

v6jsmav.jpg

I'm going to miss this general area being the quietest of the entire park.

dCZC1dN.jpg

The backside of the Sand-ta sculpture

SQDqaxj.jpg

pxZXJuK.jpg

6Seb87q.jpg

For those wondering, the sea lions have a new home in the Golden Kingdom.

RqAfmau.jpg

HMquYfR.jpg

6VwNmVg.jpg

Good night everyone! Thanks for reading!

I second that statement about the lakefront. It was nice to be able to walk through that part to avoid crowds crossing the park and just relax and enjoy the view. Shame it has to end now