VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

PTR: September 19, 2015

nbadude44

Report: The first day of Fright Fest 2015 couldn't have been better. The weather was perfect, the crowds weren't too bad until around 6PM, and I was able to do exactly everything I wanted to do at the park. The first thing off my checklist was finally riding El Diablo, which was closed the last time I went to the park. Not only was I able to ride it twice in a row, I was the only person on the train both times! After that, I was able to ride El Toro 4 consecutive times in the back car, due to it only having a line in the main building with two trains operating. Then I met up with my mother and we were both able to ride The Dark Knight and Nitro twice in a row (including my 50th ride on that particular coaster!) At around 1PM, we briefly left the park to get some lunch and immediately went to Kingda Ka, which had 3 trains running but was a longer wait than usual because of technical difficulty.

After a quick ride on Twister, we went to the Bone Butcher Territory (AKA Frontier Adventures) only to find that Bizarro was broken down due to technical difficulty, but we were able to catch a cute 20-minute show in the area called "Bad Bob the Bone Butcher", so it was all good. By that point my mother was finished for the day and I decided to get a quick bite to eat. After that, I high-tailed it to the Dead Man's Party stage to catch the Awakening and the first live show of the year, which didn't disappoint. After that, I was able to catch Hypnosteria, was was entertaining and hilarious. By that point it had gotten dark outside so I decided to go on the terror walk "Asylum" in Chiller's old backlot, which was about a 20 minute wait. Then I just decided to end the day by riding my favorite flat ride, Swashbuckler, and a quickie on Bizarro (3 trains)

Overall, it was a very entertaining day in spite of some crowds. 5 out of 6 Flags

I'll post my pictures shortly...

Ridelist: El Toro 4x

El Diablo 2x

Nitro 2x

Kingda Ka 1x

Bizarro 1x

Dark Knight 1x

Twister 1x

Swashbuckler 1x

Photos:

kAIcG6t.jpg

Loving the new centerpiece!

XCyv0Pe.jpg

Also loving the updated clown balloon

3tpbwei.jpg

R1H2H8M.jpg

N21jW5i.jpg

Congrats! But I wish we claimed the #1 wooden coaster from Golden Ticket Awards this year...

9W2Dwnt.jpg

sbmTuhT.jpg

Always love a new terror trail

DOC9Krd.jpg

Grandstand no more

7NaEPLW.jpg

ZVsFxQ8.jpg

ieJmA51.jpg

No wonder it was more crowded than usual today.

F56TM3e.jpg

New show

1NywWnv.jpg

mUZtiv6.jpg

ybgvu1x.jpg

cenuLVT.jpg

Tyt2XUi.jpg

Bleachers and Blackbeard

akut5yA.jpg

The procession!

MOord5i.jpg

sVAoGIM.jpg