VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Attraction Access Pass

ReptileGuy

I was wondering what the "actual" requirements for a Attraction Access Pass are... I would like to get one as I have bad knees and quite literally cant stand in a line. If I do, then my knees give out, click, lock, and basically stop working altogether. I wanted to get the pass so that I could still enjoy the park without my knees hurting. My issue is that the Park's site says that you need to have a note from a doctor saying its an ADA or state eligible injury. I don't have an ADA or state card for my injury but it is still severe... I am now starting a second round of Physical Therapy, they did MRI's looking for bone deformities and tumors (which luckily came back clear) but I still am in severe knee pain. How strict are they on the ADA aspect of getting a pass? I really would appreciate being to get one as my knees get to the point where even if I take some Advil before going to the park, I have unbearable pain within an hour or two...

(edited for spelling)

Edited by ReptileGuy

You 100% absolutely need a doctor's note, no exceptions. As for what's on the doctor's note, I have no sense of how strict they are, but I think they will be very close to their rules for legal purposes.

I'm not familiar with ADA/ state eligible injuries. Your situation doesn't apply to that?

Also, it's worth noting their insistence on not stating the injury, but it sounds like you've already read the guide - just reiterating it. Telling them about your injury won't get you a pass, and may do more harm than good.

• The note must NOT describe or indicate the nature of the disability.
Edited by Matt Kaiser

I know the doctors note is required... im just curious how strict they are with the ADA part of it... I have never looked into ADA because my injury is supposedly non-permanent and should heal with the second round of Physical Therapy (lol PT didnt work first time... just made it worse...)

Based on the info you've shared, almost any doctor familiar with your case will give you the required note. A disability can be temporary or permanent, and what you described definitely falls into it. Next time you see a doctor, bring a print out of what you need for the note. Explain the situation, the pain you have, and then ask if they'll write the note. Odds are good that they're more than happy to -- just make sure they follow the guidelines and don't include and specifics of your disability in the note.

It amazes me that people still use these passes when there are no lines anywhere in the park.

Last Friday a group could have just walked on El Toro (no line) but had to go around to the wrong exit and try to user their pass.

By the time they made it to the real exit for El Toro they could have been on and off the ride.

Saw the same thing at Nitro...I'm fine if its a valid reason but many still will abuse this privledge.

Where there is a will there is a way....

Same thing with FlashPass....check the lines before making a purchase.

Sometimes I've seen the line for FlashPass is longer than the line for rides.

Ogolo the thing is many people need the pass... for example I quite literally cant stand for 1 hour in a line... Yes I can, but once I start walking again my knee will buckle and give out every other step. And also I think its important to note the pass doesn't cut down the line time... it just means you can sit while you wait rather than standing for the time.

The pass also allows people to use the ADA accessible ramps, which is a decent difference considering a lack of people in line doesn't shape-shift the stairs into a ramp.

In your statement, it sounds like they did walk up the stairs, but that doesn't mean they're not qualified to have the pass or that you even saw the full story.

Yes I understand there are many reasons for having the pass that you can't see/aren't aware of.

Just seemed like more effort than just walking on the ride at this time. So be it..

Many with those passes tend to go to the real exit on El Toro...not the ADA ramp.

Then are immediately told by the ops to walk over to the other side.

Seems the ADA ramp is not marked clearly nor communicated correctly. (Maybe its on the paper??)

• 6 months later...

I nearly blew a gasket today! While I am very compassionate and understanding when it comes to disabilities, I simply can't comprehend how the Access pass works at SFGA. I had a flash pass platinum today, and waited behind 38 people at the Rage of the Gargoyles Flash Pass entrance who were either disabled or were with individuals with disabilities. There was a group of six twelve year old girls directly in front of me that had one blue Access paper. Is there no limit as to how many people can accompany an individual with a disability? Also, why are some individuals given return times while others can simply walk up to any ride without having to wait at all? I wanted to speak to someone in the ride information center, but the line to get into that building was excessive to say the least.

I nearly blew a gasket today! While I am very compassionate and understanding when it comes to disabilities, I simply can't comprehend how the Access pass works at SFGA. I had a flash pass platinum today, and waited behind 38 people at the Rage of the Gargoyles Flash Pass entrance who were either disabled or were with individuals with disabilities. There was a group of six twelve year old girls directly in front of me that had one blue Access paper. Is there no limit as to how many people can accompany an individual with a disability? Also, why are some individuals given return times while others can simply walk up to any ride without having to wait at all? I wanted to speak to someone in the ride information center, but the line to get into that building was excessive to say the least.

Some passes have the ride boxes blank - that is for return times. Others show "N/A" in the boxes which are the people who get on without a return time.

Usually passes only hold 4, and one must be said person of the pass, but sometimes can hold more depending on the situation etc. but 12 does seem excessive.

Why do some have acces to rides without a wait, while others have a return time? IMO, they should all have return times equal to the current attraction wait time. What differentiates the two varieties of passes?

SatansHockey, none of the individuals in front of me had the green re-ride passes, as I specifically watched each individual/group hand the attendant their blue Access pass.

Why do some have acces to rides without a wait, while others have a return time? IMO, they should all have return times equal to the current attraction wait time. What differentiates the two varieties of passes?

I believe certain disabilities or a limitations of rides that said person can go on. I think the type and how extreme the disability is , is the main factor. For example, a person who can go enjoy other attractions or rides get a time so they can do such, but for a severely autistic child who may throw a fit, cry, get upset or aggressive for not being able to ride right away may get the immediate boarding. Not sure if that's accurate but they do those passes for reasons.

That would make sense, Sky Ride.

The new Access Pass policy that was implemented this summer stated that it did not necessarily require the specific disability on the letter from the Doc, so I wasn't sure how the passes would be differentiated without additional information. There obviously must be some sort of process, otherwise everyone with a disability would request a front-of-the line pass.

That would make sense, Sky Ride.

The new Access Pass policy that was implemented this summer stated that it did not necessarily require the specific disability on the letter from the Doc, so I wasn't sure how the passes would be differentiated without additional information. There obviously must be some sort of process, otherwise everyone with a disability would request a front-of-the line pass.

Info about the disability is not just not required, but it's mandatory for information about the disability to NOT be on the doctor's note. I believe the process is that the note must request a no-wait pass.

SatansHockey, none of the individuals in front of me had the green re-ride passes, as I specifically watched each individual/group hand the attendant their blue Access pass.

I was told by someone in the rider information booth, that a guest gets the no wait access for a mental disability, all other disabilities(physical) such as a broken leg, and stuff like that. gets the return time. I think the whole system sucks and everyone should get a return time. I also think the park needs enforce the no getting the front row. also, people who are given exit passes from guest services, they should do what KD and CP do, and you use the fast lane entrance. it will alleviate the tons of people on exit ramp. and getting back to the ada access. they should in every station do what Hershey does, and chain off 1 or 2 rows. it sucks getting in line with a bunch of friends trying to get on the same train, and then the ride attendants hold the gate and put someone in your row. SFgadv really needs to do a better job.

Edited by DANofNJ

I was told by someone in the rider information booth, that a guest gets the no wait access for a mental disability, all other disabilities(physical) such as a broken leg, and stuff like that. gets the return time.

It's not all mental disabilities, just some. It's basically for individuals who cannot wait for some justified reason. For example, some kids with autism get very unbearably anxious/antsy waiting to ride.

It's not all mental disabilities, just some. It's basically for individuals who cannot wait for some justified reason. For example, some kids with autism get very unbearably anxious/antsy waiting to ride.

Either way, I think the ada pass is great, I just feel there should only be 1, and ALL should have to wait the (X) amount the line is.