VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Knoebels 5/13-5/15

Pineracer

I was fortunate (or infortune, depending if you saw the papers) to be SPL of a trip to Knobles this past weekend. We met at our meeting site, camp Jarvis, around 5 (I forgot to bring a lot of stuff because we were running late so I didn't have dinner either) and arrived at the main camp between 8 and 8:830, we pretty much had the TX Panhandle except TP8 to our self; we probably didn't get to bed till 11pm.

We were supposed to get up at 7 but most were actually up and about before 5 (WTH?). We starting on breakfast just before 7 and were finished around 8:30 and headed to get stamped around 10. At this point we had an issue about pricing between the ASM in charge and the Knobles staff but it got sorted out (most of us ate our packed lunches we made like half an hour before during this time). My group (co-SPL JP and pre-ASM Jack E.) walked around a bit and rode the Skooter and Flyer. I really enjoyed flyer with the mobility and how it caught the wind. I saw a guy shoot an off-ride POV and told him to make an honorable mention under my main YouTube name (Lindsay Yale Entertainment). Next stop was Phoenix, one train only and almost out of the door; row 7 or 8.

After getting off Phoenix, I shot a short video for In The Loop on Air and the Knobbles mascots showed up. We then went to the drop tower (I thought it was less than 100ft but its probably over that). We then went down to Twister's area, 2 trains, one of the back middle rows and got a two train gap between myself and JP and Jake. We then did a bit of walking around in the crafters area where the blacksmith is. By now the clouds were getting very dark but we still decided to go on Impulse, a bit against my own thoughts but it was probably about an hour wait with two trains. Note: we crossed paths with one group of girls throughout the day at some of the flat rides and all the coasters till now. Before we got on board I had a brief conversation with a coaster enthusiast in the ride who was like a million cycles ahead of us. Back to those lassies I was just talking about, I really wanted the front row on this ride, I tried to persuade the girls (now with their little brothers), to give us the front but gave up in the end facing that quote, "If you ain't first, your last," and just riding it after getting nearly hailed on in an uncovered queue.

After this, my left glass fell out of my glasses and we went to the mine area of the park before Jack had to head back to camp. Now, JP and I were focused on trying to ride Flying turns which was closed because of the storm. So we went on Looper amongst other flat rides before waiting 45 mins for it to open and kinda stuck brief conversation with a kid and him mom (a doctor) and two more lassies who would get front row on the ride. After riding flying Turns, we headed back to camp to prep with dinner and make a camp fire so the New Scout patrol could have S'mores, we used Grease from my patrols (all the older scouts and new scouts were slit up under our normal patrol names).

Rides Closed:

New Gallon (old Gallon retired)

Fandango (awaiting parts from Europe)

Tilt-a-whirl (did open later)

[forgot the third]

Ride Count:

Stratus Fear: x2

Phoenix: x1

Impulse: x1

Flyer: x1

Looper: x1 (almost twice)

Twister: x1

Flying Turns: x1

Skooter: x1

Ferris Wheel: x1 (had a chat with Coaster Fanatic on Instagram wile ridding)