VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Great Adventure 5/21

Pineracer

Today, some of my fellow Sophomores headed to Great Adventure for about 5 hours. My group only rode 3 rides (Superman, Ka, Carrousel, Fender Benders, and Swashbuckler [They rode Skyscreamer after fender benders but they didn't ride Ka so we're even]).

We Got to the park at like 10:35 but we didn't get to the station of Superman till closer to 11 from travel to gate from bus lot, using the restroom, Security/check-in, and actually getting there. It was a 2-3 cycle but it took 1.5 cycles to dispatch trains. I rode near the back on the right wing (facing inside the park). After that, we waited half an hour to regroup and met with a larger conglomerate that had some non-riders (they watched our stuff for us when we went on Superman in its promenade) who agreed with me to check the stats of the rides in Golden Kingdom. The non-riders watched our bags from the restaurant next to Twister/GK gate wile the rest of us got in line to ride Ka [splashwater Oasis was running on our way in, Zu closed to tech issue]. We got in and it was to the row closest to the launch track, Ka had both teals and orange running taking 2-3 cycles to dispatch. I got the second to last ride in Orange car 3, back row (row 6 I think?), being second to last meant something to me even though the teachers/chaperones (one being my Geometry teacher) got in line just before it went.

After getting back to the Boardwalk, we were chilling in Nathan's and the Asian place on the boardwalk for like an hour. Just before my group left and went on the Carrousel, witch only did 2 or 3 cycles around one of the lassies won Pikachu at a game in the Boardwalk. We then had Ice Cream from the Main St. Coldstone (and I was recording for the ART throughout the day from post-Superman till now). After that, we walked inside the Yum Yum Café for no reason and I got a shot of the geese. After that, we made our way to Fender Benders (I'm actually bad a Dodgems) and someone pulled out their phone in the middle of the ride, stupid GP. Then my friends went to Skyscreamer wile I recorded my Package for In the Loop On Air and got footage of Joker testing before they got off. Next we did Swashbuckler witch actually had a pirate voice over for dispatch and conclusion (was it always like that?). For the last half hour, we went to Studio 28 so I could say I was in Movie Town that day. One thing I noticed was the observatory was still up and I thought all of Chiller was flattened before the start of the season.

Anyways, we had a chill, fun, exciting day at the park and a Happy Birthday to Kingda Ka: world's tallest coaster and a friend of mine, Thomas Jenson and a thank you to the staffer that took the thumbnail to the ART and the security magician at the end of the day for that special touch.