VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Allergy Bag

ReptileGuy

Does anyone know what the requirements for getting a medical approved bag are? I have really bad allergies to various foods and in the past years they have gotten worse... I always need to carry with me allergy medications and other related items. I am going to start needing to bring my own food to the park as most things there give me a reaction. How do I go about this? Do I get a note from a doctor? What do I need to do?

I am a T1 diabetic. I need to carry my tester (meter) as well as extra pump supplies (infusion site, cartridge, insulin, syringes, battery, glucose tablets/candy).

I usually go to the security area at the park exit-as you enter the security check point it would be to the right of the metal detectors. Tell them your issue, and they should issue a medical sticker to place on your bag. It will allow you to bring your bag with you in the ride queues and leave it next to the operator while on the ride. Be prepared though-the staff working the lines will tell you multiple times you have to leave your bag with nonrider or in a locker. I just keep showing the medical sticker and I've never had an issue.

Only issue I had was with getting the bag on Joker's line... the security guard who was standing at the line and the regular employee couldn't decide if it was allowed. The employee said no but then the guard told them how it is a medical bag... in the end they let me through with it.