VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Kingda Ka highlighted on Impossible Engineering episode

dougdrummer

Yup, it's a pretty cool episode. I love the behind the scenes type stuff. I learned a few things watching it. First, even the ride designer looked uncomfortable riding it. Second, I now need to ride a hot air balloon over the park. That one drone shot with 195 and the park looked amazing.

I also tried to find it online. The only source I found was one where you pay $3 for the episode. Although they do tend to rerun older episodes so I'll be looking for this one.

Does anyone know when this episode was filmed? I'm thinking it had to be fairly recent. Maybe they filmed the ride sequences on a weekday before GA was open every day? April or May?

Edited by dougdrummer

I was going to post this, but didn't know if this belonged in "The Park Today" or misc.

The flaw- they made it sound like Ka and Zu have always coexisted (which is wrong). Anyways, very well done. I think there was a similar series that highlighted the construction in 2005 (but i think it only aired in the UK, its on YouTube though).

Does anyone know when this episode was filmed? I'm thinking it had to be fairly recent. Maybe they filmed the ride sequences on a weekday before GA was open every day? April or May?

These shows sometimes take over a year from filming to airing.

I didn't watch the episode, but I see in your photos that El Diablo isn't even constructed yet in the aerial shots. At least those aerial shots are from very early 2015 or before. Those could be the shots provided by the park from when Zumanjaro opened, though.

These shows sometimes take over a year from filming to airing.

I didn't watch the episode, but I see in your photos that El Diablo isn't even constructed yet in the aerial shots. At least those aerial shots are from very early 2015 or before. Those could be the shots provided by the park from when Zumanjaro opened, though.

I think they might be. Someone told me I was on the show, but I never filmed anything for them so I'm guessing they are using six flags/the parks footage taken from the helicopter and whatnot.

I was going to post this, but didn't know if this belonged in "The Park Today" or misc.

The flaw- they made it sound like Ka and Zu have always coexisted (which is wrong). Anyways, very well done. I think there was a similar series that highlighted the construction in 2005 (but i think it only aired in the UK, its on YouTube though).

Yeah - they gave the impression that they were constructed together, even though they were some 8-9 years apart.

Tidbit: construction crews added 226,226 pounds of steel structural reinforcing columns to Kingda Ka to support Zumanjaro — equal to the weight of 32 massive Africa elephants;