VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Surprise! Great Adventure trip-4/21/18

Pineracer

I've not been active on the forum for quite awhile as I've been working on my own Fanon seasons of Power Rangers. Anyways, this comes full circle as my first visits was 5 years ago during the same event. However, my troop was staying at a Boy Scout Camp in Bucks County and then drove a little over an hour to the park, arriving around 11. Unlike the 2013 event, they gave the troops a meal voucher ticket.

Anyways, my crew first went over to Superman and Green Lantern. Both times, the people that rode with me got on the stairs before it went to the closest section of switchbacks. We took a ride on the carousel and Tea Cups before going over to Batman. We originally wanted to Dark Knight, but it had a long wait. We used the voucher at Yum Yum Cafe then took a break at Studio 28 before doing Skull Mountain. We made our way over to Mine Train. This was my first new cred of the trip (followed by Dark Knight). We kind of dragged one of our "mules" (non-riders) onto Mine Train (He did ride Twister at Knobles during that trip in 2016). The first ride I mueled was Bizarro (with about half of the others). 

Before Skull Mountain, some of us wanted to ride Nitro, but it was testing and had a long queue. El toro also had a long queue, so i ended up mueling El Diablo. We then took a spin on Tango before mueling Twister. The adults (even though I am technically an adult at this point) made dinner for us outside the park. 

After dinner, one of my friends went over to Dark Knight while most of the others did more at the arcade. It was up to the extended queue w/o switchbacks and still got into the next show. I felt the pre-show was closer to Disney or Universal quality, but the train noise gets annoying (might just be my opinion). I then did Skyscreamer. I've kept not doing it because it gets a long line. It was a 5-6 cycle wait. This comes full circle to me as the very first ride I rode in the park was fender benders, and Skycreamer the latest (may do Twister, more likely Cyborg; but those rides have given me a bit of vertigo in the past. Harleyquinn I feel is not a required credit at this park, that's pretty much the exceptions I have to rides as the kiddie rides don't apply).

The other group members also did Skull Mountain (again) and Jolly Roger, but I was so beat that it wasn't worth it to do much else. It was close to 8:20 by the time we left, and back to camp by 9:45.

Rides:

Superman-x1

Green Lantern-x1

Batman-x1

Dark Knight (New Cred-1)

------------------------------------------------------------

Vlog will be out soon, date TBD

Nitro (queued, backed out due to post-breakdown queue length)

Mine Train (new Cred-1)

Skull Mountain-x1 (out of 2)

Carousel-x1

Bizzaro (mueled)

El Toro (did not ride die to queue length)

Skyscreamer (first Ride/Be Brave Challenge?)

Twister (Mueled)

Jolly Roger (mueled)

El Diablo (mueled)

and the Tea Cups-x1

• Like 1