VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

7/18/18

SFGadv123

Went to the park yesterday, first Hurricane Harbor and then the regular park. I couldn't find my season pass so I had to get a replacement, luckily it was free to replace. The girl working said that I should download the app and scan my pass so I always have it on there, I didn't even know I could do that.

Anyway, I don't like going to HH but my friend wanted to go so we got there when it opened and left around 1pm. It wasn't very busy and most of the slides we waited no longer than 5 minutes. We waited a long time for Tornado, no surprise as it always had a long line. Multiple people almost passed out in line from the heat (it wasn't even too hot out yet!), so they had to stop the ride a few times. King Cobra was closed all day, not that I cared because it's a terrible ride and was a waste of money lol. The lazy river wasn't clean and had a lot of leaves and stuff in it. I assume probably from the thunderstorms the other day, but you'd think they would clean it before they open

We went to the park and got lunch first. We went to Best of the West where I ate some ridiculously overpriced food, I know it's an amusement park so no matter what it is going to be expensive, I just like to complain about it anyway. We waited about 45 minutes for SORA, which was pretty rough when standing in the sun. They really should add more shade to their lines. They had a tent or whatever it's called over one section of the switchbacks but not the other (the one that actually gets used more lol), doesn't make sense. 

Other than that none of the other rides had long lines. About 10 minutes for Bizarro, 10 minutes for El Toro, and 20 minutes for The Joker. Nitro had the shortest line of the day and we walked right into the station. I wish I could have stayed longer but at least I got on my favorite ones. I was glad to see the mist on the corkscrews for Bizarro working, I haven't seen them work in years. 

Overall it was a good day at the park, HH actually having short lines and decent operations, and with the limited time I had at the main park I got on everything I wanted to. 

Edited by SFGadv123

1 hour ago, SFGadv123 said:

King Cobra was closed all day.

It doesn’t look to open up anytime soon.  The tubes are gone and the entrance has been boarded up.