VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

PTR: August 28, 2019

nbadude44

Hello everyone! This particular visit to the park for me was special because I haven't actually BEEN to Great Adventure since December of 2017. Since I went to college in Connecticut in 2016, it became nigh-impossible to find time to visit the NJ park (although I did make plenty of visits to Six Flags New England in the last 3 years.) Fortunately, I graduated this past May and got myself a new Membership card for Great Adventure a few weeks ago. I'm also aware that I was visiting the park the day before the big 2020 announcement, but it was the only day this week that I had off from work, so it was a coincidence.

My party (Me, my mother, her friend and her two children) arrived at 11 AM and immediately went on the Safari Off Road Adventure, which barely had a line. Due to the muggy weather yesterday, it didn't stop at Camp Adventura and (according to the app) actually closed altogether later on; we lucked out big time. Next up we rode Runaway Train, then the Skyride so that we could get lunch on the other side of the park. Then we able to all ride SkyScreamer twice in a row since the lines were so short (which ended up being a common occurrence thanks to the on-and-off rain that day).  Next up for me was Wonder Woman & Cyborg, (while our 3 friends rode Dark Knight) and now that I've finally ridden both of them, I now know to NOT ride them back to back. The number of times I felt my stomach drop between both rides was almost too much for me. 

After a brief break, we all rode Justice League together, which accumulated a 20-minute wait since it was raining at the time. Also, keep in mind that the younger of the 2 children in my party is too short to ride the attractions that have a 54" height limit, so he wasn't able to ride everything. The elder of the two young'n's tried to ride Nitro with me, but it broke down right as we were about to board (it would have been a walk on!) After that we were able to ride Congo Rapids twice in a row. I usually don't go on the water rides, but before the actual 2020 announcement, the rumor was that Congo Rapids would be replaced by the new ride, so it was now or never for us.

Next up was Joker, which also broke down was we were about to ride it, but we eventually got to ride it after a quick ride on Swashbuckler and back to back rides on Skull Mountain. Next, was the Parachutes, which we were able to ride 3 times in a row. While we were up there, we finally saw Kingda Ka running, so that was next for myself, my mother and the the elder of the children. She was worn out after one ride (which was her first on KK), but I got to ride it a 2nd consecutive time, which is practically unheard of! Then was Zumanjaro for my mother, the younger child, and I, and he loved it so much that he & my mother rode it three times in a row (I only did it twice). After that it the rain became the worst it was all day, and by that point it was 8:45 PM so we called it a day after a quick trip to the Main Street gift shop.

My FInal Ride-count :

Parachutes 3x

Kingda Ka 2

SkyScreamer 2x

Skull Mountain 2x

Zumanjaro 2x

Congo Rapids 2x

Wonder Woman 1x

Cyborg 1x

Joker 1x

Justice League 1x

Swashbuckler 1x

Runaway Train 1x

Skyride 1x

Safari 1x

My camera actually broke in the middle of the day, so I wasn't able to get as many pics as I wanted, but I still took plenty of photos. I'll upload them shortly...