VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Great Adventure, 10/16 and 10/18/2020

Tbone112499

Being almost entirely remote for school has made spending an entire week at home really easy, so I decided to do that and cap the week with plenty of visits to Great Adventure. This was the last weekend I went before I head back to school, and they were some interesting visits! 

Friday (10/16) was definitely the better of the two this weekend. Days with a rain chance are always great times to visit, and by the time the park opened it was barely sprinkling. Crowds were so low and an employee told us that there were under 1,000 people in the park! Everything was a walk on, awesome for my 35th overall visit this year (not bad in a pandemic-shortened season so far)! I rode Bizarro, Skull Mountain,Sky Way and Green Lantern once each, JL and WW twice each, Nitro 4 times and El Toro 7 times to get me to my 60th Toro ride of the season! 
Yesterday (10/18) was definitely the lesser of the two visits, but still not bad! I got to the park around 4:00, but crowds were terrible. That isn't too unexpected for Halloween season, yet I still find it hard to believe that they limited overall capacity. Most rides had at least a 45min-1hr wait, but the Sky Way was a walk-on at the Frontier Adventures side. I was able to do that and used 2 of my 3 skip the lines for JL and Nitro. I would've used the El Toro one, but its Flash Pass line was a half hour! It's the crowd levels like these that make me even more excited for HitP when the park generally calms down and lines are much shorter. 
Not a bad duo of visits when I consider that I got to 36 total visits on the season and up to 60 Toro Rides, 15 JL's and 25 Nitro's. All of that is pretty easy when you live so close to the park! I'm going to try my luck at SFA for the first time next weekend when I visit a friend who lives nearby. Two days probably isn't necessary in a park that size, but at the very least I'll get 3 Skip the Line passes, 2 meals and a snack with my DE membership! 😃

• Like 1