VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Favorite Cartoons

MarioSonic94

This topic will be on our favorite cartoons.

Here are my 10 faves.

Honorable Mentions: Tom and Jerry, Futurama, Yogi Bear, Classic Disney theatrical shorts

10. Dexter's Lab/Johnny Bravo (1996-2003/1997-2004)

dexters_laboratory.jpg

Johnny_Bravo.jpg

In the '90s, Hanna-Barbera made cartoons that not only appealed to kids, but also to adults as well. Dexter and Johnny Bravo, in my opinion are the best of H-B's '90s toons. The humor in the shows seems to always crack me up, then and now. Though I honestly can't see these shows being as recognizable as a certain H-B toon in the future, these toons will manage to be remembered as the years go by.

9. Robot Chicken (2005-)

robotchicken.jpeg

Though he isn't as funny in this show as he is in a certain other cartoon, Seth Green's own cartoon manages to conjure enough laughs to gain a spot in this list.

8. Family Guy (1999-2003/2005-)

family-guy.gif.bmp

Though they steal from the Simpsons at times, and the non sequiturs can really detract from the main plot of an episode, this shows humor more than makes up for any of the aformentioned flaws.

7. Garfield and Friends (1988-1994)

GandF.gif

Garfield may not be my all-time favorite newspaper comic strip (that distinction goes to Hägar the Horrible and Beetle Bailey), but this show's charm comes from each segment(Garfield and U.S. Acres) bearing the same witty humor from their respective comic strips.

6. The Pink Panther/The Inspector (tie)(1964-1978/1965-1969)

Panther_pinkphink.jpg

InspectorCel.jpg

Yep, the first theatrical cartoons to make the list. Both of these sucessful DePatie-Freleng series are inspired by Blake Edward's Pink Panther franchise (DePatie-Freleng did the famous animated opening titles for the movies). The Pink Panther shorts rely entirely on pantomine while the Inspector relied on Looney Tunes-esque slapstick comedy (producer Friz Freleng was a Looney Tunes veteran before founding DFE Enterprises). These shorts are really overlooked and should reappear on TV (I'm looking at YOU, Cartoon Network!!)

5. Homestar Runner (2000-)

everybody-poster.PNG

The only webtoon to make the list. Though the site has many 'toons that feature the named character, the best feature of the host site is the Strong Bad Emails, shorts in which Strong Bad, Homestar's foil, answers emails from fans. The best thing about all the 'toons on the site is the way they mention and parody '80s and '90s culture.

4. South Park (1997-)

SouthParkHD.png

C'mon, this show HAD to make it in the list. This has to not only be the best adult cartoon, but also Comedy Central's best overall show.

3. The Simpsons (1989-)

lgfp1459%20the-simpsons-cast-on-the-couch-the-simpsons-poster.jpg

Like South Park, this show also had to be on the list. Though it's not as funny as it used to be, The Simpsons always managed to draw new viewers as it continues with it's seeming neverending run.

2. Batman the Animated Series (1992-1995)

BATMAN_ANIM.jpg

No comment. This show is too awesome for a description.

1. Looney Tunes (1930-1969)

toons.jpg

Everything needs to start somewhere. This was the first cartoon I ever saw, and my love of cartoons pretty much started from there. Whether it's on TV or DVD, the Looney Tunes will always bring a smile on my face and make my laugh my @$$ off.

What are your favorite 'toons?

Edited by MarioSonic94

Classic Disney cartoons.

Classic Loony Toons.

Cow and Chicken.

Ren & Stimpy.

Sonic SatAM.

Rocko's Modern Life.

King of the Hill.

South Park.

Dexter's Lab.

1990s Simpsons, (I hate the post 90s seasons).

Pre 2005 Sponge Bob.

Flap Jack, mainly because it's so bizarre.

Edited by The Master

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Pre 2002 The Powerpuff Girls (with the exception of Ice Sore, Equal Fights, Major Competition, and Inscet Inside)

Looney Tunes (excluding Haredevil Hare, A-Haunting We Will Go, Cat Tails for Two, and most 1930's and 1940's with the infamous and obscure Bosko, who I hate)

Ed, Edd, & Eddy

Dexter's Lab (the original 1996-1999 version)

Family Guy

Phineas and Ferb

Futurama

Ren & Stimpy (more specifically the first three seasons)

Rocko's Modern Life

Simpsons (I hated Missionary Impossible)

Robot Chicken

Honorable Mentions:

Sonic SatAM

Cow & Chicken

Courage the Cowardly (the first 32 episodes)

Pre 2005 SpongeBob (excluding Sandy's Rocket, Hall Monitor, and Texas)

Pre 1999 Rugrats

Edited by GAThriller

• 2 weeks later...
The only webtoon to make the list. Though the site has many 'toons that feature the named character, the best feature of the host site is the Strong Bad Emails, shorts in which Strong Bad, Homestar's foil, answers emails from fans.

I used to love Strong Bad Email. I despise it because on June 11, 2007, unlucky 173 flew over Strong Bad's Lappy 400 and the original Paper died.

I only liked Strong Bad Emails #1 to #172 (when we notice that the paper has broken at the end of the episode).

Edited by GAThriller

- Johnny Bravo

- Tex Avery (Especially Droopy Dog)

- Scooby Doo

- A Pup Named Scooby Doo

- Kim Possible

- Science Court

- Lilo & Stitch- The Series

- The Emperor's New School

- Goof Troop

- House of Mouse

- Weekender's

- Kids Next Door

- Penguin's of Madagascar

- Animaniacs

- Sylvester and Tweety- Mysteries

- Tiny Toons

- Tom & Jerry Kids

- Timon & Pumbaa

Edited by Coaster Justin

Flapjack, eh, it was okay, but sometimes annoying and unfunny, but it's NOTHING compared to the post 2005 episodes of SpongeBob.

That's why it is at the bottom of my list.

• 1 year later...

Thanks to my late dad, I grew up on the classic Warner Bros. Looney Tunes. Dad was a big Bugs Bunny fan and I remember sitting on his lap as a boy watching Bugs Bunny cartoons with him. I got heavily into Disney when I visited Walt Disney World in July of 1979. For the longest time, I've always been exclusively a fan of the classic cartoons until TaleSpin premiered in 1990. B)