VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Super Scrambler ride ?

Could use some confirmation...

I've been having an ongoing battle with my best friend from childhood. I swear that in the mid 80's a "Super Scrambler" ride existed in the kids area (shirt tales land, bugs bunny land, etc). Somewhere between the kids land and Rolling Thunder.

Reading the highlight on the Super Sidewinder, I thought that maybe I got myself confused, but I'm pretty sure it was a true scrambler rider, just super sized.

Does anyone remember this? I'm not seeing any spotlights on it nor is it on any maps.

Maybe I've lost my mind???

There was a Super Sidewinder ride and a Scrambler ride, but no Super Scrambler ride. The Super Sidewinder really could have been considered a mega-Scrambler type ride. It featured similar physical attributes as the Scrambler (three arms, etc) and the ride sensations were alike.

Other than that, the park also had the Calypso which was sort of a Scrambler on an incline, and the Kiddie Scrambler (Raja's Rickshaws) which were both much smaller.

I hope that helps!

Thanks for such a quick update. Love this site and this is the first time I’ve actually posted something.

I must be getting old, because I distinctly remember a scrambler ride right over by Rolling Thunder to the point where I even remember the color of it (yellow).

It’s funny, because looking at the map it would have been in same area as the Super Sidewinder – but that’s not the ride I remember, these were true Scrambler like carts not the round disc-like seats in the photos.

Oh well, keep up the great work. I in the meantime I owe my neighbor twenty bucks now!