VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

How you got to the forums

This topic will be how did you wind up a member of these kick @$$ forums (look Brian, I'm saying that about the site as a whole, cut me a break!).

I've always followed GAH ever since Tom & Harry introduced the Attraction Spotlight (this was back when they were still gahistory.amusementpics.com). I immediately subscribed to the Enchanted Forest Canopy the minute it debuted. Months later, the (then) latest newsletter announced that forums were created. I immediately rushed over & signed up. That's how I became one of the very first forum members on GAH.

How did you wind up here?

• 4 weeks later...

I was working at an old job while still in school actually back in 2007. Everyone but me was out of the office for the day (one unlucky soul needed to be in to answer any incoming phone calls while everyone else was in NY for a training seminar). My girlfriend and I had been at Fright Fest that year and something had happened at the park, but right now I can't remember it. I did a Google search with appropriate terms, and came to a forum posting from GAH as one of the search results. Once I had found something related I was looking at, I began to browse more of the site in general, especially the 1974 season tour spotlight and some more items. I continued to visit the site following that point and once the Holidays rolled around and the 2007 Great ADVENTure Calendar for 2007 was posted I was hooked coming back to the day to see more and learn more daily. It was December of 2007 that I signed up and began posting here and have been following, Harry, Tom, and everyone else's escapades since then.