VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Nitro's Queue

coastercrazy

It serves it's purpose though. I like Nitro's sign with the lift hill behind it, makes for a good shot. As with any que though, it's something I want to get through as fast as possible. It was better when all the sign's with the fact's about the ride were still there.

• 3 weeks later...

I would change the staircase up to the station so the line for the front row doesn't block off the other rows. They did this for Superman a couple of years ago.

Edited by The Master

First off, I would give Nitro a "theme". Not too much of one, just enough to give the riders an idea of what's going on. Let's say the theme is explosives, like nitro glycerin. Then I would put "TNT" barrels and boxes all over the queue. If it was a racing theme, then I would put a drag racer car, and some boards with facts on them. And if not a theme, I would at least put some pictures of the park's history in the queue (like GASM used to have) or something to entertain people who are waiting in line. Frankly, El Toro's TVs should be moved to Nitro, since El Toro already has a theme but Nitro doesn't.

Edited by scipiomask

while i aghree the park needs coherent themes, the thing that makes nitro such a great coaster is because its so simple(it pretty much just goes up and down). I never thought id say this, but i think the fact it has no theme fits it, but im referring to nitro, not nitroland, nitro should be left the way it is cuz it just fits that way. Nitroland, congorapids,and thos reandom shops needed to get a coherent theme and makeover

• 2 weeks later...

^ What?

Less back and forths. But keep the sign where it is.

If I hadn't gone to Fright Fest this year, I would have said the same thing. But, that was the first time I've ever seen the queue overflow into the movietown entrance area. As for my suggestion to the queue, I would remove some of the blind spots the hide how long the queue really is. I say this because sometimes employees are hired to "block" the line (to hold the line in place and suddenly let them move after the area in front is almost cleared).

• 2 months later...

I personally would add to the theme. I always thought the name referred to the explosive. so why not have an indoor covered queue. Have an explosives ordinance building with warning signs leading up to it. A few theemd props inside of the building. maybe some larger props past that leading to the stair way.