VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

April 9, 2011

nbadude44

Report: Myself & my party got to the park a little before ten o'clock, so I spent the half hour just soaking in the fact that this was my first opening day ever. When the ropes dropped, I immediately ran to Superman, thinking it would have the longest lines later in the day, and I was able to snag the very first ride of the season on Ultimate Flight, in the front row no less! :D Unfortunately by the time I got off Superman there was a huge line for Season Pass processing, in which I stood at most an hour for. Then I reunited with my mother and we rode Kingda Ka, which was a half-an-hour wait with only one side but 3 trains running. My mother's glasses also "disappeared" on the coaster since she didn't feel them fall out of her pocket. After that we all got our hands stamped and left the park for lunch at Burger King. After another trip to the Safari, we re-entered the park around 3.

In the last 5 hours of the day, I was able to ride Nitro, Skull Mountain, Batman, Dark Knight, Bizarro, Mine Train, Tornado, Bucanneer, Tango, Houdini, and Rolling Thunder (only the right side was open), all with relatively minimal waiting times. Everything at the park for opening day went rather smoothly but I have a few complaints. One: I only saw ONE train running for El Toro the entire day (the Stride Train no less)! Two: The path from Golden kingdom to Plaza Del Carnival was boarded off; I don't know whether they were still getting rid of the Balin's stuff or they're pulling another Old Country on us again, but at least warn us! Otherwise, it seemed like (from what I've seen on past PTRs) a standard opening day when not everything was 100% yet. 5 out of 6 Flags.

Ridelist:

Nitro 3x

Skull Mountain 2x

Kingda Ka 1x

Bizarro 1x

Batman: The Ride 1x

Superman: Ultimate Flight 1x

Dark Knight 1x

Rolling Thunder (right) 1x

Runaway Mine Train 1x

Tornado 1x

Tango 1x

Bucaneer 1x

Houdini 1x

All of my pictures can be seen HERE.

Edited by nbadude44

After another trip to the Safari, we re-entered the park around 3.

"After another trip" as in the second trip that day? I have often wondered if guests run into issues going through the Safari twice in one day being they scan your pass now. I know you can't go back into the theme park with your pass if you forget to get your hand stamped.

• 2 weeks later...