VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Plans to revitalize Movietown and Old Country

warnerleroy

After seeing the new DC universe section at SFMM what if it came to SFGAdv? This new version would be bigger(encompassing Movietown and olfd Country0 and be more immersively themed

(rivaling Universal and Busch) than at SFMM, but still share some attractions.

Guests will enter the areas by passing through one of two DC Universe arches as seen at SFMM. The entire are will be littered with Police cars and taxi cabs, some vandalized, others not. The area will also have severl telephone booth props and newspaper dispensers. Entering through Movietown, the "Movietown area" willr eceieve little change, keeping BTR< DK< the Stunt Arena, but will have studio 28 arcade turning into Gotham Gaming hall, a seedy underground gaming establishment, and have HBO backlot renamed and rethemed to Gotham Plaza.. The 3 "blank" sides of the dark knight building will have new facades of Wayne Manor, City Hall, and Gotham PD since the entire building will now be visible. The area once ghome to freefal will be home to a scalled down version of Lex Luthor tower at MM, but only about 200 feet tall and retain the same name and theme. all th ride quenues will have comic panels such as GL and Bizzaro explaining the stories behind them. The Stunt Arena will be home to a new stunt show for the Dark Knight Rises while the Showcase will lack anty major show at the moment. Moving onto Old Ocutnry ththe exploratorium portion of chillers station will be rethemed as a justice league gift shop while chillers staation would be demolished to be home to a new Zamperla motocoaster painted green and black called Riddlers Revenge as the highlight new attraction of the section. Musik Express, like SFMM, would be rethemed to flash, but this time be outdoor and uncovered while Autobahn would be rethemed to Metropolis Police Chase with a new facade and cars. Finally, Spin meiosters old spot would be home to a new enterprise named Wonder woman's Lasso of truth with cars painted yellow and supports painted red white and blue

I love this idea but theres just one problem. What about the other superhero themed rides in other areas of the park (Bizarro, Green Lsntern, Superman: Ultimate Flight)? This area designed to house DC characters with Superman, Green Lantern, and Bizarro sitting on the Boardwalk and Frontier Adventures? I don't think SFGA is willing to move their coasters to Movietown and to replace the new empty areas with other rides.

Edited by batmanrobinchiller

Your Idea is pretty good, But as I keep saying, Movie town will work so much better as Gotham City. Bizarro, Can be themed to a wild west wagon ride, for it really is an eye sore with it being Blue and Purple in a red, brown and orange area. I would rename Bizarro the Wild West's Stage Coach Express and make the supports this Color while the track is this Color. I am aware that there is a ride called the stage Coach express, but if Knott's Berry Farm did not trademark the name, it can be re-named the pony express.The end of the Boardwalk can be re-themed to DC Comic Universe by something like this. First off, I would rip up a large part of the cement, write DC Comic Universe in the cement and have comic strips going from where the blue cement starts. Then, I would rename Twister, The Metropolis Crime Wave, with a re-paint, new sign and a little bit of TLC. Then, I would remove the simulator building to make way for a new Water ride similar to Splash water falls. It would be called Aqua Man and have comic strips in the queue. I would rename Slingshot to Catwoman's whip, and repaint it black and navy blue. Also, I would rename the parachutes The Justice League Watch Tower and have some Signs of the Justice league on the base of the ride. On the Superman/Season Pass Bubble, I would paint Comics On it Or Signs That Say "BAM" or "WHAPOW" or "BANG." Now here is where the setting starts to take place. There is a fence that says JET FUEL (place other word here) NO ADMITTANCE. I would remove that fence entirely, and add faux building facades all around similar to how they look at Magic Mountain. To add to it, there would be a new added side walk with newspaper stands and telephone booths. Also, the ground would be repainted to look like a road. I like Warner Leroy's idea, but I would leave Old Country alone, not demolish the Chiller station and add a LSM Launch like Maverick occupying it's current station, call it The Riddler's Revenge, and rename Movie Town Gotham City. Plus, the Justice League gift shop would be called Gotham Retail and a new Intamin Gyro Drop in Free Fall's pad called Lex Luthor's Levitower, Or Lex Luthor's Drop of Doom ( I don't really Like Lex Luthor: Drop of Doom.) Just my 2 cents :] ( I also understand that this plan would have to take place after Six Flags gains financial strength from the reckless Kieran Burke era)

Your Idea is pretty good, But as I keep saying, Movie town will work so much better as Gotham City. Bizarro, Can be themed to a wild west wagon ride, for it really is an eye sore with it being Blue and Purple in a red, brown and orange area. I would rename Bizarro the Wild West's Stage Coach Express and make the supports this Color while the track is this Color. I am aware that there is a ride called the stage Coach express, but if Knott's Berry Farm did not trademark the name, it can be re-named the pony express.The end of the Boardwalk can be re-themed to DC Comic Universe by something like this. First off, I would rip up a large part of the cement, write DC Comic Universe in the cement and have comic strips going from where the blue cement starts. Then, I would rename Twister, The Metropolis Crime Wave, with a re-paint, new sign and a little bit of TLC. Then, I would remove the simulator building to make way for a new Water ride similar to Splash water falls. It would be called Aqua Man and have comic strips in the queue. I would rename Slingshot to Catwoman's whip, and repaint it black and navy blue. Also, I would rename the parachutes The Justice League Watch Tower and have some Signs of the Justice league on the base of the ride. On the Superman/Season Pass Bubble, I would paint Comics On it Or Signs That Say "BAM" or "WHAPOW" or "BANG." Now here is where the setting starts to take place. There is a fence that says JET FUEL (place other word here) NO ADMITTANCE. I would remove that fence entirely, and add faux building facades all around similar to how they look at Magic Mountain. To add to it, there would be a new added side walk with newspaper stands and telephone booths. Also, the ground would be repainted to look like a road. I like Warner Leroy's idea, but I would leave Old Country alone, not demolish the Chiller station and add a LSM Launch like Maverick occupying it's current station, call it The Riddler's Revenge, and rename Movie Town Gotham City. Plus, the Justice League gift shop would be called Gotham Retail and a new Intamin Gyro Drop in Free Fall's pad called Lex Luthor's Levitower, Or Lex Luthor's Drop of Doom ( I don't really Like Lex Luthor: Drop of Doom.) Just my 2 cents :] ( I also understand that this plan would have to take place after Six Flags gains financial strength from the reckless Kieran Burke era)

Bizarro isn't an eyesore. I actually like the blue and purple color that makes it bizarre. However, I love your plan.

You must be my clone or something, because I couldn't agree with you more. I feel so passionately about the re-theme of the Northern tip of the Boardwalk, the LSM Launch in Chiller's station, and the re-theme of MovieTown! You should write them a letter explaining this and mail it to them! It is so bizar that I had almost the same exact ideas as you did. The only thing is instead of Riddler's Revenge, I would do Mr. Freeze, as the station is a "freezer". Please... I encourage you to write a letter to them!

• 2 months later...

I thought of an easy, modestly cheap approach to revitalize this entire section of the park. First Movietyowns boundaries will remain as they are, with the portal, but everything from the portal to Dark knight will become a Gotham City "land within a land'. NNothing much would change except Studio 28 Arcade would be repainted and rethemed as Gotham Gaming Hall made to look like an underworld betting parlor. The area would also have a few taxi cabs and police cars littered around it and the skill game to the left of BTR's entrance would be replaced with a series of about 2 gotham style facades. Backlot Beer Garden would be restored to its former glory and keep the na,e of Studio Commissionary and Justice League headquarters would also remain untouched. Now the Stunt Arena would be partially demolished and that land would be used with the land from stuntman's freefal for a Vekoma Motocoaster. The Current set from the stunt show would be placed around the trrack as theming for the set of the film you are "shpooting" and a portion of the stunt arenas faced will remain to travel "in and out" of the drainpipes. The station for this new coaster would be relatively unthemed, yet would reminscent of SF's will pictures of famouse stunts and movie posters. Chiller's observatory would be replaced with an S&S triple drop tower called, guess what, Stuntman's Freefall and would be painted black and white. chiller's station would then be gutted and repurposed as a Scooby Doo dark ride from sally. the quenue would be outdorr, poerhaps uncovered, but not themed, but the facade would be reminiscent of a decaying beverly hills mansion. Showcase theatre would recieve a makeover ala it was supposed to recieve under Time Warner management and as seen in Tom and harry's book, but would only be used for the occasional special events. But the entire "boulevard" would recieve faux street signs like in the Time Warner days and be lined with Palm trees like Universal Studios florida.An new portal would exit into a reopened old country nthat would have received new paint and a new ride in Spin meister's old spot. This would be a Zamperla airplane thrill ride like the one at Luna Park but painted festive colors like red, yellow, and blue and have banmners placed around it's quenue.

I've been saying this whole time that a simple launch coaster like an intamin impulse coaster like possessed in dorney park and name it mr. freeze. a dark knight rises stunt show and renaming musik express the flash: speed force was also something i was thinking about. i mean is MM did it why cant we? Movietown needs some love..