VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Fright Fest 2012 - "More Than Ever Before"

Bizarro101

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well for starters, SF could fix up the decorations throughout the park. The signs/portals through the haunted sections are lacking. I hope they hire more ghosts earlier this year. There's always the same individuls in different costumes. I also wish they expanded where the monsters went and bring back Bone Butcher's Territory. Last years misshap with the entire section 'unspookified' kind of dissapointed me. This year I want different shows and a replacement of that Hypnosteria show. Its so outdated. Hopefully, we'll get details of the new scare later this year!

Edited by batmanrobinchiller

Well for starters, SF could fix up the decorations throughout the park. The signs/portals through the haunted sections are lacking. I hope they hire more ghosts earlier this year. There's always the same individuls in different costumes. I also wish they expanded where the monsters went and bring back Bone Butcher's Territory. Last years misshap with the entire section 'unspookified' kind of dissapointed me. This year I want different shows and a replacement of that Hypnosteria show. Its so outdated. Hopefully, we'll get details of the new scare later this year!

I've heard that they are getting more shows and terror trails, and possibly getting rid of the ghoul whistles. Some new decorations would be nice too!

Oh sounds great! I can't wait for the new trails. Maybe they will bring back that first Terror Trail near Bizarro? Who knows? Working there again this year, Ill learn of the new FF tactics faster!

Edited by batmanrobinchiller

gallery_4_542_12175.jpg

• I'd like to see the Ghoulmaster out - he jumped the shark with that thing at showcase.
  • I'd also like to see the Big Wheel open through the end of the season thanks to a relocated stage (it's just a set of stacked risers, it can go anywhere).
  • I'm really sick of Dead Man's Party, but I know that's not the feeling of most people. It's just... "tired."
  • The company has quite a few pre-packaged FF shows available - I'd like to see the park use some, especially in Showcase: bring back Disco Inferno, for example... but not that dead celebrity show.
  • Give us a real FF show instead of just re-branding "Live & Local" as "Dawn of the Dead & Local." Seriously. That's just lazy.

gallery_4_542_89592.jpg

Personally I think Dead Man's Party is the only thing that is preventing GADV's FF from being a complete joke. But I do agree that it should be moved to someplace else in the park, such as the Showcase Theater or the old stunt show arena. Also the decorations for FF are really lacking, they need to fix them up.

Ghoulmaster's Ghosts is here to stay this year. Every since he moved to the theater, he has gotten more popular. Pete Carter has gotten more money to do the shows now. When FF comes around, two things I look forward to the most is Ghoulmaster's Ghosts and Dead Man's Party.

I remember the Hayride, I would love to see that come back.

Personally, I enjoy having the stage in front of the Ferris Wheel. I feel like if it was moved anywhere else (besides right behind/in front of The Fountain), it would take away from the transitional feel of the show. After all, it is the transformation of the family theme park into the haunted scare park. With SkyScreamer in the park, we won't need the Ferris Wheel to be open. We'll already have a "view" ride.

i know for a fact that last year 2011, was the last year of DMP in front of the big wheel, its being relocated for 2012, but the actual location has not yet been decided. those are the words directly from the park pres. apparently the FF budget has been increased quite a bit for 2012, and we can expect bigger things this year!

Just a few thoughts:

-STOP CHARGING FOR THE TRAILS. At Dorney I paid $40 for an all you can eat buffet, an entire day at the park, and all of the trails/attractions included with the gate price. That was 10 very high caliber trails, not the 3 meh trails that our park has.

-Bring back the hayride somewhere in the park, I know it wasn't the best in its final years, but with an expanded budget it can be the star attraction of the whole event.

-More actors roaming the park! I felt like I only saw 3 actors in the scare zones this past year.

-Bring back some of the small shows that used be throughout the park like Bad Bob the Bone Butcher or Cavalcade of the Odd. They were fun and great for families during the day.

-More decorations beyond webbing. There used to be a lot of decorations in the 90s that seemed to have disappeared in the last 10 years. Bring back the hearses on main street, those really used to set the tone.

-Look into creating a year round building to house a maze or trail. Do what Dorney does and empty out an arcade for use as a maze (Studio 28 comes to mind)

-More fog. MORE FOG. Don't let me see the scare actors before I get to them, pump some more fog into areas to give them a chance to pop out.

-Everyone is fair game in the park after 6pm. If you don't want to get scared, get out before 6.

-Move DMP into the Stunt Arena. That way everyone has a good view, you don't block a main thoroughfare of the park, and you can use the sound system to your advantage. I know it doesn't hold as many people, but it deserves its own show venue.

And this is a far fetched idea that I know will never happen: Turn Hurricane Harbor into a screampark.

I know the logistics of trying to operate two parks with the crowds is very tricky, but you could take a large piece of unused attraction space and turn it into something truly magnificent.

isn't that what theys said LAST year?

Believe me, there is BIG news for Fright Fest coming in the next few months!

Just a few thoughts:

And this is a far fetched idea that I know will never happen: Turn Hurricane Harbor into a screampark.

I know the logistics of trying to operate two parks with the crowds is very tricky, but you could take a large piece of unused attraction space and turn it into something truly magnificent.

This would be awesome! Do you mean create terror trails in HH?

It's a concept I've thought about called "Haunted Harbor" where the whole park is just one massive terror trail with actors everywhere in the park and no safe zones. It would take a whole lot of organization and funds to pull off, but if it was done just right, it could be amazing.

It's a concept I've thought about called "Haunted Harbor" where the whole park is just one massive terror trail with actors everywhere in the park and no safe zones. It would take a whole lot of organization and funds to pull off, but if it was done just right, it could be amazing.

That would be amazing, but it's difficult to do that. Most of the emplyees leave when it gets to August, so having nearly 60-70,000 guests at one time controled by 2500-3000 employees is kind of hard, especially, if we opened HH as a Terror Tail.