VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Jackson Township book available

There is a new book currently available entitled Images of America: Jackson Townhip written by Victoria O'Donnell and Christopher Ippolito. It is available on Amazon.

The book is an interesting read for anyone who would like to know more about the history of the area around Great Adventure. Oddly, the book does not mention Great Adventure Theme Park or Safari, even though it does touch on several events which took place in the 1970s.

51IFzR5olpL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

My history teacher wrote this, Ms O'Donnell, and my free period teacher, Mr ippolito!

Will it become required reading in your history class? :)

It was good to read about the Switlik's in the book, but I was surprised that Great Adenture wasn't mentioned. That is sort of like reading a book about the history of Anaheim but never mentioning Disneyland. I did see my family name, Applegate, mentioned a lot in the book including the Applegate General Store. I'll have to check further on Ancestory.com to see if I am somehow tied into the Jackson residents.

Will it become required reading in your history class? :)

It was good to read about the Switlik's in the book, but I was surprised that Great Adenture wasn't mentioned. That is sort of like reading a book about the history of Anaheim but never mentioning Disneyland. I did see my family name, Applegate, mentioned a lot in the book including the Applegate General Store. I'll have to check further on Ancestory.com to see if I am somehow tied into the Jackson residents.

Its a great book!, I'm guessing they knew about your book and didn't mention it, at least a half a page or something. It is great to learn more about my town! Jackson means alot to me, my dad grew up here, my mom has lived here since she was 12 I think, and they met on Music Express! On page 39&55 is where my dad went to school, 54 is where me and my mom went to school, and my development. My mom works there now lol. Page 97 is my fire dept.Page 50-51 is my parents HS. Page 25 is my dads development where he grew up (for only 8,260!) Just some things in my life that i see in everyday life. Living in a town with a amusment park, well how rare is that!