VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Rivers Edge Trading Post

• 5 months later...

They did back in late 90's. I know they had them in '98 because I worked in Merchandise at the time. River's Edge was mostly selling bathing suits, sunscreen and soda back then because of Adventure Rivers but it had an odd mix of other stuff that never really sold. Skull Mountain Tee's were definitely in the latter category. I distinctly remember the wall of black tees that was surrounded by brightly colored bathing suits and cover-ups.

I don't remember what year Skull Mountain opened, it was still fairly new when I worked there but the tee's didn't sell well. By 1998 they were being moved around from store to store trying to get rid of them. In '99 they were moved to a shop called Village Clothier which was the shop we threw everything that didn't sell into. Village Clothier was located between the fountain and the lakefront. No one ever went in there. They ended up using the store for storage and selling the stuff outside the front gate as a sidewalk sale. We sold a lot of it but there was still tons left over that we couldn't get rid of. I spent a month that summer boxing stuff up and driving it over to the trailers to get it out of the park.

They've probably destroyed the stuff by now but if not then there are about a dozen trailers filled with old merchandise that we couldn't get rid of.