VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Chiller Tour Photos

CoasterDan

I heard there was a tour sometime in the nineties of Chiller showing behind the scenes areas (computers, etc.). Does anyone have any photos from this?

Also, does anyone know how the operators got up into the control booth? Anyone who might have been in the building (other than the queue), would you be able to describe what is below and above the station?

Just curious,

Dan

I have tons of pictures of the Chiller behind the scenes. The operators booth was accessed on the Batman side of the station. Right by the Batman side's front row queue line air gate, there was an opening in the wall that led to a spiral staircase. You'd climb the spiral staircase up to the booth. It was the only way up or down from there. The entrance was invisible from the Robin side and barely visible on the Batman side unless you leaned your head way over the airgates. Underneath the station on the Robin side there was not much, it was gravel underneath with some components for the fiber optics for the outside of the building mounted on the walls. (Which never worked) Underneath the Batman side however was the computer room, and sound room. It housed a ton of sound equipment for all the rides sound effects and microphones (Again, most of this didn't work either.) Also there was a room underneath the Batman side's launch track that housed all the electrical equipment for the LIMS. It was a long narrow room that held hundreds of cabinets (Each set of LIMS had a corresponding cabinet) Ill upload some photos later on today if I can dig them off my old computer.

• 2 years later...

I'm wondering now, would they have scrapped almost all the rides electrical in 2007/2008 or would they have kept it all (and eventually send it to Berto Cerro World)?