VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Trip Report 5/25/13

joeyc98

Yesterday I and 2 of my friends went to the park. We were planning to go to hurricane harbor but after reading how only 16 people went there and they closed hh at 1:00, were happy we didn't. We arrived at the park at 12 expecting some crowds but it was not too busy for a Saturday! We went to El Toro first but saw the line was about a half hour and Rolling Thunder's Line was on the stairs so we walked over to Bizarro. Saw Kevin there and rode in the back row. Waited 2 trains. We walked over to Safari but saw the line was pretty long so we were going to come back to it later. We ate lunch at Best of the West and I had the pulled pork sandwich. Oh my goodness it was amazing!!! Did not even taste like Six Flags food! From here I cannot remember what we did in order. I know we rode runaway Mine Train, Blackbeard's, The Skyway, Sky screamer, Deja vu, Fender Benders, Big Wheel, Congo Rapids and then Nitro after that 7 times. No lines. Batman the Ride, The Dark Knight, Twister, Superman, Rolling Thunder eventually, (El Toro was down for part of the day but opened up later) El Toro 5 times, and Skull Mountain 5 times. We ate dinner at Best of the West again and I had the pulled pork sandwich again. Yes. I enjoyed it that much. We ended the day with a marathon on The Dark Knight; 7 times! But get this: We were all alone the last three rides, so out of curiosity we asked if the operator, whose name I remember to be Zack, if he could turn on the lights for us. He said he had an even better surprise for us. Our first ride, he sort of flickered the lights sporadically, switching from the lights on to total darkness with no effects on. The second ride, he turned all the lights on. It was soooo cool! And our last ride was in total blackness. The totally made our day. Probably one of the best Trips I've had at Great Adventure!! Zack, if you’re out there, thank you for making my day :clap::lol: