VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Great Adventure Ride Counts

That's a good chart. It is a shame the total number of rides is going down. It is funny back when I was a little kid there was a limited number of rides I could ride, now it is getting that way again for me me now that I am grown up!

There was certainly a huge spike from the '99 season because of the war on lines! Also it's no surprise that the ridership of adult rides has dipped beneath that of kiddie rides, thanks to massive amounts of removals and additions in each department!

It is a bad day when our Six Flags Park has less adult rides (excluding coasters) than it has kiddie rides. I know we wanna be family friendly for everyone and we want to attract the family crowd, but if adults have little for themselves to do it's going to be a stretch to get some of them to come to the park.

I wasn't going to the park enough during the high point of the "War on Lines" but I can see that there was probably a few too many items placed in the park for its own good. Too bad the result of the surgance of coasters and kiddie areas that some classic rides are being lost for good. Hopefully our number will come up to maybe a mid to high fifty quality rides that the park can sufficiently staff and support. I don't think going back down to the 40's will work with the park's current attendance, but some nice new flats and the inevitable new big coaster that we are sure to see would be nice. The chart really is amazing though as I would be that people who have gone to the park consistantly probably wouldn't realize how steadily it has added and removed rides through the years.