VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

La Cantina (AKA La Cocina)

Once again a great spotlight. While I never worked in this restaurant during my time in Food Service, a good friend of my worked there and eventually was a season supervisor for that area of the park. One thing that I am surprised to learn is the number of Food Service locations at the park that now appear to be contracted out to other companies. Do you have any idea as to the percentage or number of locations that are actually contracted out? When I worked in Food Service, I don't recall any locations not being operated by the park's own Food Service department. And, while I don't doubt that the quality of the food at these contracted locations may be better, I have to believe that this is just one more thing that detracts from the overall park experience. Outside vendors have very different agendas than the companies in which they operate. And while their contracts require them to operate as if they are actually a part of the company, they more often than not, do not.

I always thought it was strange that La Cantina had water fountains on its patios. I wonder if these were put there because when Rolling Thunder and the entire Hernando's Hideaway section was built it didn't include any restroom facilities (with the accompanying water fountains). The closest restrooms to Rolling Thunder and La Cantina in 1979 where way back by the Dream Street Tents.

2012_10_27_IMG_8944%20copy.jpg

• 2 years later...