VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Hayride into the Unknown?

The Master

Yeah, I still probably ride it at least once if the hayride ever comes back. It would be a better value than those so called terror trails. But the fact that SFStL has a hayride once again is a good sign after not having it last year.

Edited by The Master

The hayride varied greatly year to year, some years it was really good and some years it really sucked. But back when they did have the hayride they had alot more props in it than the terror traills do now.

Edited by The Master

QUOTE(gafreak @ Sep 29 2009, 05:49 PM) You would think if your paying 60 dollars to get in they wouldn't charge you more for the fright fest attractions.

True,but a lot of people come in with season passes,so they don't really spend a lot when they come in at night for FF,cause most likely they ate before going into the park.

I'm going to Halloween Horror Nights this weekend,so won't be able to make employee preview or any nights this weekend.After coming back from the best in the business when it comes to haunts,I won't have to high of expectations for FF

You would think if your paying 60 dollars to get in they wouldnt charge you more for the fright fest attractions.

Most people pay a lot less than $60 to get in. I would guess the average per person admission to Fright Fest is closer to $20 between discounts, passes and play passes. With any attraction like this the biggest expense is labor, and Fright Fest requires a lot of people above and beyond the regular ride/merch/games/food/security staff.

I came up with that number averaging all the free tickets handed out, the play passes, the bargain tickets available through different groups around, etc.

The park sells thousands of tickets to different groups who resell them for around $25 each, but with those packs, the groups get a number of free tickets for the number they agree to buy. That's where so many of those tickets on eBay come from.

I know this is slightly off topic, but what if Six Flags were to market special Fright Fest Passes, that would get you into the parks and trails for a single fee.

Some of the other SF parks already offer that, it is called a fright pass. But the SF parks that do have this pass have alot more FF stuff than GAdv to make it worth while.

^They only did that one year. Most years you rode the hayride though the whole course in the area behind Roaring Rapids and the monsters would attack the wagon while you rode. One year they pretended that the tractor would break down and that you had to walk back and the monsters would attack while you were walking back but that was a really bad year for the hayride.

Edited by The Master

• 9 months later...

I really enjoy the FF hayrides, not so much the terror trails tho, but I honestly rather pay 10/15 bucks to go to one of those privately operated hayrides just because i don't like to deal with the large and sometimes hostel crowds that FF seems brings in. The one on 537 right outside the park is pretty decent, and of course there are others out there.

Edited by Matt

The last hayride that I went on in 2006 wasn't as great as the ones in years past. Maybe the staffing that day wasn't as much or Shapiro had come in and slashed the budget for it by that point. If they can recapture the quality of the late 90s hayrides, then it would be worth having it come back. The best place for it would be back by the Demented forest area now that Koala canyon is gone. But I don't think anyone would want to part with that terror trail

It seemed with the hayride it kept hostel guests in check as they were stuck in a wagon with an employee. With the terror trails those types of people are free to misbehave and harass the scare characters. I won't mind loosing the Demented Forest as I thought it was weak.

To be honest, in my experience with some people, I'm no longer sure that even being on a wagon with an employee would be a factor, though maybe it would be getting to the ride that is the issue. My last experience with a hayride at the park was the complete debacle that saw the queue for the ride winding through the Batman Arena which became complete chaos, worse than anything I have seen with the Terror Trails.

• 4 weeks later...

QUESTION: how terrifying is fright fest ive been every year since 2005 but when the ghould come out i watch the awakening then i go to places like looney tunes seaport or skull mountain or golden kingdom or something and just...stay there im too scared of the ghouls like theyre done so well (like costume and stuff) but i dont want to see them when i want to get across the park (i hate the clowns) i sneak through next to a lady with a stroller or something but i might actually...you know actually go to fright fest instead of hide what am i getting myself into? :gaynana_love: sorry couldnt resist