VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Safari This Weekend

Castor

I'm taking my family to the park this weekend, first time we've been back in a few years. I figure we'll get there when the park opens and head right for the safari line. Anyone have any idea how long the wait would be first thing Friday morning?

Also do kiddie rides have height restrictions or are toddlers fine as long as they are with an adult. I've never brought a kid to the park before. My niece is 16 months old. She's a rough and tumble kid and has been on a few rides at Point Pleasant and did fine so I know she'll enjoy them. I just want to know what the rules are before we get there so we can plan accordingly.

Thanks

If you head straight back to the Safari as soon as the gates open you should only have to wait about 15 minutes or so as they continually load the people in front of you. The ride eats guests first thing in the morning as the trucks cycle through, arriving empty and quickly taking on passengers. Premium season pass holders have a few minute advantage getting in early to the park, but not enough to make your wait too much longer. Lately the ride has been opening at 10:30 (with the rest of the park) but in the spring they delayed it until 11:00 - I believe it is still 10:30 though.

The majority of kiddie rides have either a 36" or 42" minimum for kids to ride alone; under that and they must ride with an adult. Most of the kiddie rides accomodate adult riders so they can enjoy the attractions with their children.

Have fun!