VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Flash Pass vs Fast Lane

jonlee

While on vacation, I visited 2 cedar fair parks. Kings island and cedar point. Both parks had a thing called "fast lane". You spend extra money for a wristband and you can skip most of the lines on most attractions. At cedar point, we paid $70 each on top of our park tickets but only waited in two lines. They had a "gold" option which included their newest coaster (gatekeeper) and top thrill dragster. They only hand out a certain number and you can ride as many times as you want. I have never tried the flash pass but I think the fast lane is a better option.

The big problem I have with Fast Lane is that the lines can be ridiculous for some of the rides. After paying $80 to $100 depending on which Fast Lane level you get, it's not reasonable to have to wait in a line for 45 minutes to an hour in the Fast Lane line for some rides like Maverick and Millennium Force. They need to limit the amount of Fast Lane wristbands they sell since they already raised the price so many times since it was introduced at Cedar Point last year. I know other Cedar Fair parks it isn't an issue, like at Dorney it doesn't have an effect on lines since it's very rare to see anyone actually using Fast Lane.

yeah..i waited 45 min for maverick. Still it was much better than the regular line which was over 2 hours! they do limit how much can be bought but i think they need to limit it more. I think they are both good if its your one and only time at the park. I got it cuz we needed to leave early that day for the 7 hour drive back home

Having used both, I'd say that Fast Lane is a better deal for customers but Flash Pass is better overall. CF's allows you to reride and reride as much as you want, which severely holds up the main line (and, these stories suggest, the FL line, though that was not the case when I used it). Flash Pass is dynamic and controls crowds in FP lines based on overall park lines. While that generally means you don't get as many rides as you would with FL, it does make FP more fair for park guests as a whole, which seems smarter.