VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Games Employee Gallery

29yrswithaGApass

We have just added our fourth gallery of Great Adventure workers - Games. Check out the Employees- Games photo album and see if you recognize anyone! Please feel free to add comments and any photos that you may have of the Games Crew through the years.

Many more photos to come. Here are some samples!

gallery_2_932_828265.jpg

gallery_2_932_410619.jpg

gallery_2_932_364755.jpg

Another fantastic album, but also another sad reminder that today a game host/hostess is completely indistinguishable from a ride, food, show, or almost any other park employee. Today they're all dressed in tacky, loud electric/yellow-green polo shirts and kaki pants, many of whom are "sagging."

As crazy as it may be, I actually wanted to buy one of those shirts the very first time I went in '77. And, by the time I first worked there in '80, they had begun phasing them out, so I never had the opportunity to wear one. I guess they could pass for pajama tops when looking at the picture, but the material was definitely not pajama material. I know I'm nuts, but I'd still like to have one and would wear it!

Edited by Daved Thomson

As crazy as it may be, I actually wanted to buy one of those shirts the very first time I went in '77. And, by the time I first worked there in '80, they had begun phasing them out, so I never had the opportunity to wear one. I guess they could pass for pajama tops

I wish I had some of that material today!

gallery_2_579_302868.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Great pictures. Recognized a few people from my days working in games from 83 to 88. Can't say I miss the beautiful green pants and striped shirt we got to wear! Liked the blue ride ops costume better I keep checking the pictures to hopefully find one of me posted. I have NO pictures from my 6 years there!

Worked Fascination and the slot machines my first year. Was a runner in the game square for a year. Managed both arcades, Skeeball Barn, Hernando's and the Western area. Finished up my last year and a half as both a Cash control manager and surveillance manager watching the cameras that were installed in most of the games. Still tell stories about my days at GA.

• 6 years later...