VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Photo Trip Report: February 19th, 2014 Winter Drive Thru

29yrswithaGApass

Great pictures. It was cool to see the park in the snow and even knowing that Rolling Thunder is gone, it seemed strange to see just trees and empty space where the ride was since the ride has been there as long as I have been going to the park.

Hm, the rolling thunder area doesn't seem as bare as i thought it would be however it is still weird not seeing it there.

^ La la la la la.. I can't hear you. :)

It is interesting that Rolling Thunder's sign portal and queue bars were left in place. Hmmm.

I hope this isn't hinting that this will be the start of the queue for Zumanjaro. It would be way out of place and i feel like would ruin the chances of future development in the RT area if a queue was stuck going through it to Ka/ZDOD.

Guest Moonracker7

Fender Benders was the first ride I rode at great Adventure, well, it looks like we may get another ride this season, hope its something to do with the "music express" people you found.

El Toro's twister section looks just stupid without something to hide it, that's what I liked the most about the rides interaction unlike UT and Viper.

Not for Zumanjaro!

I'm glad it's not being used for Zumanjaro. I think that could have overtake Superman for longest queue in the park by the time they built a queue back to the actual ride area.

At the top of the trip report it mentions "Zumanjaro photos coming soon."

It would be interested to see what they were up to during your visit. Unless there are reasons you can't share them.

I don't think it would be much more then we have already seen. Probably just a closer look and maybe some bonus shots of some things we haven't seen yet.

At the top of the trip report it mentions "Zumanjaro photos coming soon." It would be interested to see what they were up to during your visit. Unless there are reasons you can't share them.

Obviously the park likes to time the release of materials to the media and public according to their schedule. Even though sometimes I have news or photos ahead of others I work with their schedule when it comes to green-lighting publishing inside things here. It is a system that works!

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...