VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Jungle Habitat Historical Site

29yrswithaGApass

For those fans of the now closed Jungle Habitat, be sure to check out a great new site on the history of the park (link below). Gwen has done a wonderful job pulling together a ton of information which traces the park through its rather short history.

Warner Brothers Jungle Habitat: Closed But Not Forgotten

Great page with good information about a park I never visited. Something that has always puzzled me with regard to the parent company of this park, Warner LeRoy, and Great Adventure's initial parent company (Hardwicke Companies). With the concept for both GA and JH being on the drawing board around the same time (1972), isn't it somewhat strange that Warner LeRoy didn't approach the far more viable Warner Communications to build GA? Given Warner's direct lineage within the Warner Brothers family, it has always seemed odd to me that Hardwicke developed GA and not Warner Communications. It's even stranger when you consider some of the attractions he had originally planned for GA, their names, and what seemed like licensing that would be required to use them that would have to come from Warner Communications.