VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Hersheypark TR 7/31/14

SFGadv123

This was my first trip to the park since 2011. Usually we would get to the park early evening and get some rides in, stay overnight and have all day the next day, but this time we decided just to do it in one day.

We arrived at the park around 10:30 (it opened at 10), and the parking lot already looked pretty crowded. We got into the park and decided to head right for Fahrenheit since we knew it was going to get a long line. The line was about 45 minutes, and it was great as usual. But I have to say I don't like how they tell you what row to go to, so I was unable to ride front.

After that we headed over to Sidewinder and waited about 25 minutes. I love this ride and I think it would be cool for great adventure got a coaster like this.

We went over to Storm Runner next which had around a 30 minute wait. We waited for front row since the line was only an extra train more for it. They were running 2 trains (one on each side) and I think that works really well with dispatching the trains. This is my favorite ride at Hersheypark.

After this we went on trailblazer, which had around a 10 minute wait. Similar to the runaway mine train, but much less exciting. Next, since we were all hungry we got some lunch. After this, we went on Coal Cracker, which in my opinion is much better than the log flume at six flags.

Next, we went to Skyrush. I had never been on this before and was excited to ride it. The wait was around 20 minutes, and all I can say is it wasn't worth the wait. This ride is awful. They need new restraints on this asap. These absolutely crush your legs while going over turns and hills. I couldn't even pay attention to the ride it hurt so much.

We went to sooperduperlooper which had around a 15 minute wait. A little rough but still a good ride for something so old. Great Bear was next and as I remember, a very smooth and thrilling ride. Line was about 20 minutes.

We then headed to the other side of the park and went on Wildcat. The ride actually had one of the longest lines we waited in at around 35 minutes. The ride is pretty rough but still a good woodie.

Next we went on the Wild Mouse, had around a 20 minute wait. Good ride, even though there are no effects or anything it is still better than The Dark Knight. After we went to Lighting Racer. Wait was only about 5 minutes and went on the Lightning side, but we lost. I think it is so cool how they always race and the winner is always different.

We went back on the Wild Mouse and the line was a bit shorter than the last time, still around a 15 minute wait. We went to Fahrenheit again which we waited around 40 minutes for, was hoping to get front row but they made us go to 3rd row.

We were all getting hungry so after one more ride we were going to get dinner. I wanted to try out Skyrush again to see if I can enjoy it this time. We went back row and it was a mistake as it hurt even more than the first time, so Skyrush to me is definitely a ride they didn't need to add.

After dinner we went over to Storm Runner for our last ride of the night (it was 9pm, park closed at 10). This time we went on Storm Runner back row and waited around 25 minutes, front is better than back but both were good.

So overall we had a great trip. It seemed really crowded throughout the day but the lines weren't bad at all.

Top 3 rides: Storm Runner, Fahrenheit, Sidewinder

Worst ride: Skyrush

Also I have to mention that it is a very clean park. The bathrooms were very clean and even the parking lot didn't have a lot of trash in it at the end of the night.

Edited by SFGadv123

Great report. It's a shame to hear they are assigning rows on Fahrenheit. I wonder if that is new since they weren't assigning rows last year when I was there and if they are going to do that, they should reopen the single rider line they used to have.

Great report. It's a shame to hear they are assigning rows on Fahrenheit. I wonder if that is new since they weren't assigning rows last year when I was there and if they are going to do that, they should reopen the single rider line they used to have.

I don't remember exactly what is says but they have a sign before the station that says riders may be assigned to certain rows to make the line move faster. So they probably only do that if the line is long.

I went to Hershey in June, and rode Skyrush for the first time. I thought it was going to hurt, but it didn't at all. For me, the ride was super smooth and definitely a lot of fun. Btw, I rode it in the second row, so maybe that would make a difference.

I also have never been bothered by Skyrush's restraints. I even rode in the last row and had no problem. Because of that I like the ride a lot. Yoshi I also never knew Fahrenheit used to have a single rider line, that would be helpful for that ride if they still used it. What became of it now, fast track line?

Edited by RC98

I think the staircase for it is there unused. The single rider line was only used for 2008 and maybe part of 2009. One of the reasons I heard it was removed was because of complaints it was "unfair" for single riders to skip most of the line (which didn't make sense since it makes the line shorter for everyone if single riders don't take a whole row with an empty seat) but I don't know if that is really true or not.

That's weird that you guys were fine for Skyrush. My sister also agreed it hurt her legs, along with people that were also riding in our row, and I even heard other people that weren't in our row saying that. I rode it back row and 3rd row and both times were bad.