VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Hershey Park on a Sat?

Mrpq

This might not be the right spot to post this but I figured I would try.

Headed to York Pa tonight for the weekend with some friends. There is a car show this weekend on Sunday and we are planning on headed up to Hershey on Sat for the day. Only 30 miles away so why not. My question is, what kind of crowds can we expect? Last few times I have gone to the park it has always been a week day and the park always seemed empty to me. Should I prepare myself for GADV type crowds on a Sat ? Any help would be appreciated. Not going to stop me from going, but we would only be at the park till maybe 5 and I want to make sure we hit all the coasters. A few of my friends have never been to Hershey and I keep telling them the coaster selection there is pretty good

This might not be the right spot to post this but I figured I would try.

Headed to York Pa tonight for the weekend with some friends. There is a car show this weekend on Sunday and we are planning on headed up to Hershey on Sat for the day. Only 30 miles away so why not. My question is, what kind of crowds can we expect? Last few times I have gone to the park it has always been a week day and the park always seemed empty to me. Should I prepare myself for GADV type crowds on a Sat ? Any help would be appreciated. Not going to stop me from going, but we would only be at the park till maybe 5 and I want to make sure we hit all the coasters. A few of my friends have never been to Hershey and I keep telling them the coaster selection there is pretty good

I would expect it to be pretty crowded. I went 2 weeks ago on a Thursday and it wasn't too bad, but still pretty crowded. Lines varied to anywhere from 20 minutes to 40 minutes, depending on the ride. So I would expect those lines to be doubled. It will be a nice day, a weekend, it will be crowded. Try to get there when it opens and you should be able to get on everything.

Edited by SFGadv123

I also think it will be crowded. The Boardwalk will help keep some of the crowds away from the rides but lines will still be long. It will also depend on operations. If you get there at opening, start at Fahrenheit and then Storm Runner after that and then go to Sidewinder, Wildcat, Wild Mouse and Lightning Racer. I would save Sky Rush, Comet and sooperdooperlooper for later in the day since that section of the park is where everyone goes to right away and it will be crowded at opening since hotel guests have ERT in that section before the park opens and would ride Great Bear anytime you are near the ride.

I was just at Hershey Wednesday and Thrusday for a convention. Thus was much more crowded than Wed was (as they say Thrusday is the new Friday). Saturday would probably be much more crowded yet.

Sat was deff crowded,(which I expected) but still not as bad as a Saturday at GADV. We ended up getting there are 11:30 and stayed till 4. Got rides in on Fahrenheit (long line we waited on) always a fun ride, The Whip great classic tho the ride cycle seemed extremely short compared to normal, Lightning Racers one of my favorites and Storm Chaser which seemed much rougher then I remember. Wild cat was down but looked to have reopened as we were leaving the parking lot.

If we do this again next year we are going to head to the park more late afternoon and stay for night hours. A lot of people seemed to be leaving at the same time we did. I felt the worst part of the day was the traffic getting into the park.