VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

SFGA to Celebrate National Roller Coaster Day August 16

29yrswithaGApass

Six Flags Great Adventure to Celebrate National Roller Coaster Day August 16

JACKSON, NJ August 13, 2014 Six Flags Great Adventure, home to twelve innovative and exciting coasters, commemorates National Roller Coaster Day August 16 with a thrilling lineup of roller coaster special events, exclusive ride times and social media announcements.

The day kicks off with exclusive ride time on the record-breaking Kingda Ka, the worlds tallest and fastest coaster, plus a bonus of the brand new Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom, the worlds tallest and fastest drop ride, from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. All guests are welcome with valid theme park admission or Season Pass.

All visitors are encouraged to wear their favorite Great Adventure coaster shirt to win prizes such as free tickets, Season Passes and coaster memorabilia from the Six Flags Prize Patrol. In addition, the Prize Patrol will make surprise visits to all of the coasters throughout the day and offer double rides to entire trains of lucky guests.

Guests can also celebrate National Roller Coaster Day with interactive scavenger hunts and competitions on Twitter and Instagram. The hashtag #sfcoasters will be used for Twitter fans to connect with people enjoying the event at all Six Flags locations.

Great Adventure is home to three of the worlds top ranked coasters -- Kingda Ka, El Toro and Nitro, said John Fitzgerald, park president. There is no better way to celebrate this special day than by getting your adrenaline rush with fellow thrill seekers at the worlds largest theme park.

Gates will open at 9 a.m. For more information, visit

I saw it on the website, and at the time I noticed it, they had ZERO details. Its the same when they do some of the ERT sponsored by Slurpee. They dont mention what the rides are involved. Its just terrible marketing of the event. Some parks have their ERT events posted at the beginning of the season.

I had a great time today! Got to the park around 9:45am. Most of the park was closed so I headed straight to Zumanjaro. .I was anticipating a super long line because the golden kingdom was crowded but I waited less than 10 min. The second time I went on, it broke down for 10 min. Went on el toro 3 times! Bizarro only had 9 people in line around noon and waited about 15 min for nitro. As I was about to leave the park after nitro, the prize patrol spotted my six flags roller coaster shirt and gave me a free hat! Awesome!