VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2016 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

Those armitron signs were a marketing genious by SFGADv. They all advertise for flash pass on them. And the waits are all based on 1 train operation. Which a guest who only goes to the park once, will see the wait time, and usually leave the line and go buy a flash pass. They make a ton of money off those signs in the que.

Couldn't agree more, DANofNJ nails it once again as usual.

What I've heard about Six Flags Magic Mountain and the rest of the Six Flags parks is that they only run one train until the line gets to be north of an hour. Great Adventure has the best operations in the Six Flags chain, even though they understaff every ride. At Great Adventure, all the trains are on the coasters in the morning, unless something is wrong with a train. If the park doesn't get crowded, then they will take a train off on the coasters that run 3 trains and run those with 2. Lake Compounce also runs only one train when they open and they never put the second one on Wildcat when I was there, so one hour down the drain waiting in line for it.

Yeah Gadv isn't cheap with trains

I think they do this because it would be more of a hassle and possibly more expensive to not start with all the trains. Every morning, safety checks have to be preformed on the trains, such as some restraint checks, a few empty test runs, and a test run with an employee riding in each train. Since all the trains need to go through that to be used that day, all the trains are already on the track in the morning. Putting a train away would either cause the ride to not open on time, or would require the employees to clock-in earlier.

Even though were all discussing the possibility if new attractions for 2016, how about building a monorail for easy access between hurricane harbor and the theme park? I know one year one of the holiday ADENTure calendars discussed this

They should get something like the Action Park Transmobile.

One of my followers on instagram mentioned that on the wikipedia if you look up Nightwing and scroll all the way down, you can see that it says " Nightwing will be a premier rides launched coaster coming to Six Flags Great Adventure" this could be real because Premier would be starting a coaster like this now. Or atleast planning it out. I would be fine with a premier launched coaster :)

One of my followers on instagram mentioned that on the wikipedia if you look up Nightwing and scroll all the way down, you can see that it says " Nightwing will be a premier rides launched coaster coming to Six Flags Great Adventure" this could be real because Premier would be starting a coaster like this now. Or atleast planning it out. I would be fine with a premier launched coaster :)

Interesting but remember that anyone can edit wikipedia so it could just be someone making it up. And if it is true a lot can still change and it could end up going somewhere else. regardless of what happens I would be fine with that too.

I wouldnt really mind that, it would be cool if they did it mr. Freeze style with the duel station where it slides. It would be more efficient. Also I would love something similar to the space themed coaster in the new park with nitro floorless coaster, anybody know what I'm talking about?

I would be really mad if they installed another low capacity ride like Superman at SFDK. We can barely control crowds now, and we do NOT need a shuttle. I think it was certainly edited on Wiki, but from experience I know that those people watch their articles like hawks. They refuse to call Leviathan and Fury 325 giga coasters :lol2:

EDIT: Quoted from said Wikipedia article:

A Nightwing premier diving LSM shuttle loop coaster coming to Six Flags Great Adventure in 2016.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Also, Monorails are VERY expensive. Disney doesn't even fabricate new parts for their monorails because they are so damn expensive- they just re-use parts. You know if disney has trouble affording something, it's gonna be ridiculously pricey.

Edited by KK456

That's why we need a wingrider like I have said many times before. They fit 32 per train and if dispatched fast could have a capacity almost as much as Nitro. I don't think that Intamin makes anything with that kind of capacity except for their hypers and gigas. After a wingrider, I would love to see a giga back in the unused portion of the safari behind Bizarro.

I think a wingrider could be fit into the budget. SF was penny pinching back in 2012 yet still squeeked out X-Flight.

I'd out my money on an RMC or JL dark ride instead of a wingrider, though. RMC definitely has more bang with about half the price tag, and I think the JL rides will be a pretty big hit.

3 out of 5 of SFGadvs B+M coasters are boring. we dodnt need any more. and as for a wingrider, there is no way SFGadv would staff it the way CP does for gatekeeper. I counted a total of 12 employees working, from the gate person , to 3 on each side of the train, to a loader on each side. to the operators, to a flash lane attendant. that's not a ride SFGadv can staff.